Pitt drops ND in South Bend

budbowl77

Wimps, pusseys, whiners, and losers.

People who go out of their way to complain about a cuss word a professional athlete uttered into a mic. If you dont wanna hear that, watch on mute, or ban mics from the field, or for 30 minutes or something.

Get over it. Its just language. There are no bad words, only losers afriad to hear some of them.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm actually going to have to agree with J. Quincy King on this one. Yeah, it's just a word, but because these words are become so common on TV, I think that parents just seem to stop caring about whether or not their kids are exposed to that language on a regular basis. I didn't realize the impact until my friends 3 year old brother started repeating some of the things my group of friends had been saying when we all were hanging out.

Aside from that -- with a television camera in your face, and a guy holding a microphone up to your mouth -- how on earth do you accidentally let that slip? Emtion or not, it's not like it's the first time Pitt has ever beat Notre Dame.

IUe6Hvh.png

This falls into much the same category as everything else I believe and argue on the boards. The words are not bad. We've just given them that power over us, by not using them in polite company and tip-toeing around their existence.

The sort of people who actually call or write to complain about this stuff, are clearly not busy enough and should come do my laundry. And you'd expect many of them have and are doing plenty of "indecent" things every day and like to lash out to make themselves feel better.

Should people be allowed to swear on TV? Who knows. I think so. Its only as big a deal as we make it. It's not a fair measure of the declining morality of our culture. The brits swear all the time. They just use different words and pull it off so much cooler and less intense than we do.

Yet another barrier we've built around ourselves to shield us from the big bad world that is nothing but an illusion. If a child hears a bad word on TV and repeats it, that is easily correctible. Turn it off, and explain why we "dont use that language". If a child hears YOU use it.........thats a far more effective way to condone the behavior and probably the cause of it most the time.

'Course.......I come back the fact that it's just assembled letters. Sticks and stones my friends.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

This falls into much the same category as everything else I believe and argue on the boards. The words are not bad. We've just given them that power over us, by not using them in polite company and tip-toeing around their existence.

The sort of people who actually call or write to complain about this stuff, are clearly not busy enough and should come do my laundry. And you'd expect many of them have and are doing plenty of "indecent" things every day and like to lash out to make themselves feel better.

Should people be allowed to swear on TV? Who knows. I think so. Its only as big a deal as we make it. It's not a fair measure of the declining morality of our culture. The brits swear all the time. They just use different words and pull it off so much cooler and less intense than we do.

Yet another barrier we've built around ourselves to shield us from the big bad world that is nothing but an illusion. If a child hears a bad word on TV and repeats it, that is easily correctible. Turn it off, and explain why we "dont use that language". If a child hears YOU use it.........thats a far more effective way to condone the behavior and probably the cause of it most the time.

'Course.......I come back the fact that it's just assembled letters. Sticks and stones my friends.

Sterling for Morality Police Chief

Well put, my friend...

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived