Pitt drops ND in South Bend

budbowl77

Yeah, i'm Irish..but my team is the Naval Academy. And anyday a team beats Notre Dame is a good day for me. Did anyone watch the game? ND 10 penalties 6 went for Pitt 1st downs. but anyway, what made me laugn is when Tyler Palco was approached by NBC for a interview..he was so flabergaster all he could really say "i'm so :censored:in' proud of this team!" NBC was caught off guard and it really made me laugh because they apologized before they broke off broadcast. Anyway, congrats to Pitt!!

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

Wow, I watched the last minute of the game, then I turned off the TV, I should have stuck around for that. I wonder what happens next?

People overreact and more ludicrous fines and penalties are handed out. God the FCC sucks.

Edit: The FCC but also the people that will complain about this to the FCC.

I smell a 25 point dock for Pitt from the NCAA, therefore giving ND the victory :P

Gee, sounds kinda like NASCAR.. :rolleyes:

Funny, I don't recall Dale Earnhardt, Jr. having any eligibility left!!!

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I smell a 25 point dock for Pitt from the NCAA, therefore giving ND the victory :P

Gee, sounds kinda like NASCAR.. :rolleyes:

Funny, I don't recall Dale Earnhardt, Jr. having any eligibility left!!!

His name is Earnhardt..he could kill someone intentionally and NASCAR won't care.

(Yeah, I hate Earnhardt Jr...but NASCAR makes some bonehead calls)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Wow, I watched the last minute of the game, then I turned off the TV, I should have stuck around for that. I wonder what happens next?

People overreact and more ludicrous fines and penalties are handed out. God the FCC sucks.

People should watch their language man. 20 years ago you never would have heard an athlete curse on a post-game interview. Now it seems like it happens more and more. It needs to be curbed. Hell, send these "College Educated" boys to speech class and teach them how to speak properly.

I curse more than most people, i have a filthy mouth, but that is when i'm hanging out with friends, or just screwing around. I never curse at home, and i never curse when i know it is inappropriate.

And i would most certanly know not to curse with a TV mic in my face.......

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

What's the big deal about cursing? They are just words. I don't think this is a big deal. Why are people surprised? Cursing is part of athletics, when there is intensity to they game curse words are going to be said. Again, they are just words. It shouldn't be a big deal.

People should watch their language man. 20 years ago you never would have heard an athlete curse on a post-game interview. Now it seems like it happens more and more. It needs to be curbed. Hell, send these "College Educated" boys to speech class and teach them how to speak properly.

I curse more than most people, i have a filthy mouth, but that is when i'm hanging out with friends, or just screwing around. I never curse at home, and i never curse when i know it is inappropriate.

But if you stick a mic in a guys face after playing for 3+ hours you can't expect him to be aware enough to watch his words. That's why the Earnhardt, Jr. penalty made no sense and if anything comes out of this, it will make no sense either. There's a huge difference between premeditated swearing on tv and being caught up in the emotion of a tough win or even just a tough game.

NEWS FLASH: As of 2005, NBC will put Notre Dame football home games on a five-second delay. You watch.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

He was aware of the rules. He chose to break them by choosing not to watch his language carefully. Yes, it's a harsh penalty, but I agree with JQK.

Say what you want, but show some class... you're in front of the camera or on the radio, watch your mouth.

It's not like it's an innate physiological desire to swear. The only thing I feel the need to do after playing 3+ hours is take a shower...

After playing for 3+ hours, that QB would've been aware enough to know to call an audible if he sees linebackers preparing for a blitz, etc... don't tell me he's not aware enough to watch his own mouth. ^_^

And isn't 3+ hours a little generous? I mean, 60 minutes in a game, I'm guessing they actually play for about 85% of those minutes due to the clock running if the ballcarrier is tackled in bounds, approximately 50% of the game is defense and special teams... that works out to about 27 minutes of actual game playing time (although the QB definitely needs to be mentally on the ball for almost all 60 minutes)... factor in rest breaks at half time and every quarter not to mention between drives.

Yeah, he's worked hard, but he shouldn't be tired to the point of losing awareness of his own mouth, or else his conditioning coach needs replacing.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

He was aware of the rules. He chose to break them by choosing not to watch his language carefully. Yes, it's a harsh penalty, but I agree with JQK.

Say what you want, but show some class... you're in front of the camera or on the radio, watch your mouth.

It's not like it's an innate physiological desire to swear. The only thing I feel the need to do after playing 3+ hours is take a shower...

After playing for 3+ hours, that QB would've been aware enough to know to call an audible if he sees linebackers preparing for a blitz, etc... don't tell me he's not aware enough to watch his own mouth. ^_^

And isn't 3+ hours a little generous? I mean, 60 minutes in a game, I'm guessing they actually play for about 85% of those minutes due to the clock running if the ballcarrier is tackled in bounds, approximately 50% of the game is defense and special teams... that works out to about 27 minutes of actual game playing time (although the QB definitely needs to be mentally on the ball for almost all 60 minutes)... factor in rest breaks at half time and every quarter not to mention between drives.

Yeah, he's worked hard, but he shouldn't be tired to the point of losing awareness of his own mouth, or else his conditioning coach needs replacing.

Better analogy:

I put a mic in your mouth after a long sex session. Are you going to have all your capacities? No. Why? Because you were so focused at the task at hand that it takes you a while to get out of that zone.

Then you roll over and sleep. :D

As far as the QB being able to call an audible, thats a part of the game and he should be aware of that. That should be second nature to him.

I'm not excusing it, actually I guess I am, but it really isn't that big a deal that some college kid swears on tv. It'd be different if he said "We :censored:ed em up good!" but he didn't. He was praising his team's effort.

I put a mic in your mouth after a long sex session. Are you going to have all your capacities? No. Why? Because you were so focused at the task at hand that it takes you a while to get out of that zone.

Then you roll over and sleep. :D

This is like one of those romance novels.

"I took my vein-swollen mic and gently placed it in her mouth . . ."

CGP.gif

Just to show how out of hand this has gotten since last year's Super Bowl halftime, how many of you remember Greg Lloyd saying the Steelers are "going to the f---ing Super Bowl" on NBC following the 1995 AFC Championship game?

"Before I start, I lost my composure on the field and said something in the heat of the moment.  That's not me."

Uh-hunh. And your point is...?

Some lines write themselves, kids.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

But if you stick a mic in a guys face after playing for 3+ hours you can't expect him to be aware enough to watch his words. That's why the Earnhardt, Jr. penalty made no sense and if anything comes out of this, it will make no sense either. There's a huge difference between premeditated swearing on tv and being caught up in the emotion of a tough win or even just a tough game.

Even after a tough game, you know to watch your language when you know it will be inappropriate. At least people USED to know.

I've talked many a time to my mom and dad after football games, talked to family members and other players parents, and to the local cable station. Never once did i, or any of my teammates ever curse. Yea, we curse on the field, and in the lockerroom, but you must be aware of your surroundings. Parents today don't teach that. THey curse and swear in front of their kids, and they have no class, so in turn, their kids have no class. It just shows an erosion in society.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived