CFL in Atlantic Canada

Cashcleaner

I wouldn't oppose another expansion to the US if it is done wisely, and setting up teams in northern college football towns (Syracuse?  Boise?)

:evil: I'm hoping the NFL and CFL sign an agreement to never encroach across the border when placing franchises.

Ever.

Your opinion would change if Winnipeg was a "major league" city ;)

I think a market could manage with a team in both leagues, I don't see why Toronto couldn't still have the Argos or why the CFL would collapse if we had an NFL team.

As long as there's 25,000 CFL football fans in the Toronto area of 5,000,000 people, and trust me there are, there'll be no problem.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I wouldn't oppose another expansion to the US if it is done wisely, and setting up teams in northern college football towns (Syracuse? Boise?)

:evil: I'm hoping the NFL and CFL sign an agreement to never encroach across the border when placing franchises.

Ever.

I think a market could manage with a team in both leagues, I don't see why Toronto couldn't still have the Argos or why the CFL would collapse if we had an NFL team.

As long as there's 25,000 CFL football fans in the Toronto area of 5,000,000 people, and trust me there are, there'll be no problem.

Hey, I know its been done in the past..but wouldnt it be cool if the NFL and CFL had some exhibition games going again? I think it would be cool. tell me whatcha think. I'm thinking of it as a way to unite fans on both sides of the border with an interest in football.

yankeesfansd4.png91140975269.png

Isles1.gifirelandnw9.png

neyyorkjetsdj1.gif

sig3_605.jpg

chevroletij6.png

I wouldn't oppose another expansion to the US if it is done wisely, and setting up teams in northern college football towns (Syracuse?  Boise?)

Ever.

Hey, I know its been done in the past..but wouldnt it be cool if the NFL and CFL had some exhibition games going again? I think it would be cool. tell me whatcha think. I'm thinking of it as a way to unite fans on both sides of the border with an interest in football.

Toronto will never get an NFL team, Creamer, sorry. Skydome is too small.

However, I do support the amalgamation of all football leagues (NFL, CFL, Arena, and Australian) into one huge world-wide superleague, with all rules from all leagues incorporated into it. This will allow for one team, hopefully the Packers or Bombers, to rightfully call themselves 'World Champions'.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You're forgetting Gaelic football.

NFL and CFL did at one point play a hybrid game of the two and in recent years the AFL and GAA have bee playing a hybrid game called the International rules series. Heck throwing Rugby Union and Rugby League, and we can really have something. :)

BTW, the only way Toronto can ever have an NFL team is to have a brand new stadium. IMO, the only way to do that is to get an Olympic games.

I saw, I came, I left.

How many downs do they get? Three and a half?

Seriously though, I'd love to see Halifax get a team. I think it would be really successful because it would be the entire region's only pro sports link to the rest of Canada (AHL hockey donesnt count). As for a team name? How about the Cod?

BTW, the only way Toronto can ever have an NFL team is to have a brand new stadium. IMO, the only way to do that is to get an Olympic games.

Which almost happened, so it's not too far off the radar

After Vancouver-Whistler in '10, you'll have to wait another 12-16 years at the very least until Canada gets considered again... and considering it's almost a guarantee that the next North American city to get an Olympics will be New York, poor Toronto will probably be without an Olympics for another 25 years.

...and the CFL would be major league if so-called "major league" cities gave it the respect it deserves. You don't have to be top-tier to be major league. Soccer in Europe somehow manages to have individual nationally-divided "major leagues", why can't North American football?

Vancouver started moving in the right direction with 55,000 for the West Final... Montreal seems to be on board already... and a downtown stadium for the Argos would be key. Do they know nothing about real estate?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived