Hamilton Tiger-Cats

smackyeah

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great way to modernize without parting with the past, and forcing all your fans to buy new outfits (although sometime that's the goal...)

I like it...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

A PHENOMENAL update of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats' identity package!

Now that the East has gotten their collective act together, maybe we can look forward to some updates coming out of the West, huh?

First and foremost, I'd love to see the British Columbia Lions adopt the logo - albeit with the appropriate color changes - that nitroseed designed for the NEHL's Connecticut Cougars. It would be a kick-ass new identity for the Lions.

Then, I'd love to see a complete logo overhaul on the part of Saskatchewan. Calgary could use an "update" type of redesign as opposed to a wholesale change. Edmonton should embrace that whole "polar bear" thing they introduced awhile back and enclose the interlocking "EE" in a paw print rather than a simple oval. Winnipeg needs some sort of primary logo redesign as well. I'm not advocating dropping the "W" from the helmets, but their primary mark has got to be... well, frankly, I don't know. However, I just can't shake the feeling that Winnipeg's primary logo can be better.

Now that the East has gotten their collective act together, maybe we can look forward to some updates coming out of the West, huh?

First and foremost, I'd love to see the British Columbia Lions adopt the logo - albeit with the appropriate color changes - that nitroseed designed for the NEHL's Connecticut Cougars. It would be a kick-ass new identity for the Lions.

Then, I'd love to see a complete logo overhaul on the part of Saskatchewan. Calgary could use an "update" type of redesign as opposed to a wholesale change. Edmonton should embrace that whole "polar bear" thing they introduced awhile back and enclose the interlocking "EE" in a paw print rather than a simple oval. Winnipeg needs some sort of primary logo redesign as well. I'm not advocating dropping the "W" from the helmets, but their primary mark has got to be... well, frankly, I don't know. However, I just can't shake the feeling that Winnipeg's primary logo can be better.

whoa whoa whoa... NO ONE touches the riders... easy there BIB... getting a bit carried away here... Winnipeg I can see, Lions Ok, edmonton not so much... but no one and I mean no one is touching the riders... that said im working on an alternate mark for them, been inspired lately...

as for the Ti-Cats... solid update on their classic look... seems a bit cartoony to me... dunno why just looks really kid friendly... not that its a bad thing... hope they dont go crazy on the jerseys

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

whoa whoa whoa... NO ONE touches the riders... easy there BIB... getting a bit carried away here... Winnipeg I can see, Lions Ok, edmonton not so much... but no one and I mean no one is touching the riders... that said im working on an alternate mark for them, been inspired lately...

as for the Ti-Cats... solid update on their classic look... seems a bit cartoony to me... dunno why just looks really kid friendly... not that its a bad thing... hope they dont go crazy on the jerseys

Typical Rider fan. Poor deluded soul.

Word is at some point that the Bombers may go back to they royal blue they used through the 80s...dunno how that'll look with the current identity package, though.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Typical Rider fan. Poor deluded soul.

Word is at some point that the Bombers may go back to they royal blue they used through the 80s...dunno how that'll look with the current identity package, though.

Must be due to exhaustion cheering my team in the playoffs... you wouldnt know what thats like... :D

www.pifflespodcast.com

whoa whoa whoa... NO ONE touches the riders... easy there BIB... getting a bit carried away here...

No offense GMac, but what should be "carried away" is the Roughriders' logo package.

Then it should be set afire.

Then the charred remains should be vaacum-sealed in an air-tight container.

Said container should then be buried in a glacial crevasse.

Then, team management can sit down with a graphic design firm that has achieved a record of success in the field of sports branding, with the express goal of coming up with an attractive identity package capable of carrying the Roughriders into a new era of marketing and merchandising possibilities.

:P

whoa whoa whoa... NO ONE touches the riders... easy there BIB... getting a bit carried away here...

No offense GMac, but what should be "carried away" is the Roughriders' logo package.

Then it should be set afire.

Then the charred remains should be vaacum-sealed in an air-tight container.

Said container should then be buried in a glacial crevasse.

Then, team management can sit down with a graphic design firm that has achieved a record of success in the field of sports branding, with the express goal of coming up with an attractive identity package capable of carrying the Roughriders into a new era of marketing and merchandising possibilities.

:P

not really... the brand is beloved by this entire province the only people think that it needs to be changed are the people that dont bleed Rider Green... is it the most breath taking package in the world, ill play devils advocate and say its not... but still the Riders are who this province is... like the Yankees are New York, the Flames are Calgary, and Winnipeg will always be the Jets.... The mark can be updated but a new package would be blasphamy

edit... hey EZ... shut up fatass... there i feel clensed

www.pifflespodcast.com

But this logo hasn't been used all that long, I'm pretty sure they changed the logo and the helmet in the 80s.

And let's not forget that ALL-Black get up they got goin'.

I wouldn't compare it to the Yankees -- if anything i'd compare the eskimos to the yankees

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

But this logo hasn't been used all that long, I'm pretty sure they changed the logo and the helmet in the 80s.

And let's not forget that ALL-Black get up they got goin'.

I wouldn't compare it to the Yankees -- if anything i'd compare the eskimos to the yankees

Like i said update... not over haul... open your eyes boss...lol

www.pifflespodcast.com

Well, GMac... I'll grant you that the Saskatchewan Roughriders can lay claim to the third-best grain-based identity package in sports, behind the Saskatchewan Plowboys and the Brandon Wheat Kings.

all teams i love... and i wonder why...lol... atleast we are better than Cotton based logos...lol

www.pifflespodcast.com

Ah, yes... Iron Chef Shark reminds me that the Milwaukee Brewers must be taken into account. Very well, the Roughriders slip to fourth-best grain-based logo package behind the Plowboys, Brewers and Wheat Kings.

Not a Wichita State U. fan are we, eh?

Archived