Cincinnati Reds Full Redesign

AAO

Hey, I love your work. It is all really great, but these all seem to blending together now. I think you may be stepping on your own creativity.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

the crique on this is:

1. do some in-depth research. find a cincinnati man and get some info on the two or three most distinguishable cincinnati skyscrapers, (pnc building, etc.) add the bridge where space opens up, because the bridges and the ohio river are a huge part of cincinnati and its industry and history. its the same way here in cleveland.

2. the home jersey. its way too hard to read because the maroon does not contrast the red enough. make the maroon outline smaller and/or space out the letters/numbers more to distingush them and make them more legible.

3. on the others, your sleeve striping is white/color, but on the neck its just a white pipe. i think you could improve the unity by making the neck striping white, then a colored ring around the neck opening.

4. the C looks very forced, as it has little sylistically in common with the wordmarks. i think youd be better suited with a c of the same style or of a similar font. and remember, every logo doesnt need a baseball in it, and in my opinion, theyre better if they dont. just look how few nfl logos have footballs in them.

5. this was probably just an oversight, but the charcoal belts should be red or maroon where applicable.

youd better not make a mess of the indians. :P im trusting you.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

oops. i meant the c w/ball logo, not skyline w/ ball. i do think the skyline could work well with just the wordmark though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1. do some in-depth research. find a cincinnati man and get some info on the two or three most distinguishable cincinnati skyscrapers, (pnc building, etc.) add the bridge where space opens up, because the bridges and the ohio river are a huge part of cincinnati and its industry and history. its the same way here in cleveland.

i sent him to my site already lol

Archived