NBL All-Stars

Alphabet Man

This is the logo to be used at the National Basketball League All-Star match next Wednesday in Townsville.

00000014-image.gif

00001356-image.gif

Last year was the re-introduced last season and played at the end of the season in Melbourne and had no specific logo made for it. It was not played between 1997 (the last winter season) and 2004.

Edit: found a better one

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Hmm, I wonder how good you really have to be in order to be a Australian All-Star.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

not sure, bbut this year the voting was rigged....they had a sms thing via nbl.com.au and all the Townsville people voted for the Townsville players and the best player Australia has EVER produced, Andrew Gaze, missed out....

also, it is the NBL Australian All-Stars versus the NBL World All-Stars cos there are so many intenationals in the league

Hmm, I wonder how good you really have to be in order to be a Australian All-Star.

Was that really necessary? Sure, Australia might not be a world power, but I can guarantee that every single player who takes to the court in the NBL All-Star game could kick your arse in a game of 1-on-1.

Was that really necessary? Sure, Australia might not be a world power, but I can guarantee that every single player who takes to the court in the NBL All-Star game could kick your arse in a game of 1-on-1.

There are leagues all- over the world and yes there are plenty of good players out there, sure they may not be NBA "quality" but good nonetheless. There are some good European clubs out there. I think Australia's NBL is a good enough league that they can have some foreign interest. Maybe one day the Toronto Raptors will play a team from the NBL like they have done with a couple of European clubs (Panathinaikos and Benneton) the last two years

I saw, I came, I left.

Australia in general has never produced any NBA quality players (Luc Longley won three rings but when you're on a team with MJ, anyone could do that)... Shane Heal, Andrew Gaze and Phil Smythe all managed to make it onto the rosters of NBA teams, but were perennial bench-warmers. I'm sure there are more players who went over but those are the 3 most well-known (well, 4 including Longley).

Apparently there is a significant number of Aussies in the US College system, so hopefully in the future there will be more of an Australian presence in the NBA.

Of course, on the other hand the Australian women's basketball team has produced some out-and-out superstars.

the reason Andrew Gaze never really made it in the NBA is because he was so loyal to his NBL team, Melbourne Tigers

Chris Anstey also played for Chicago and the Mavs in the 90's and got sacked from the Bulls because he wanted to play for Australia at the Sydney Olympics in 2000

there were quite a few NBL players that got to playy in the Summer Leagues in the NBA last August

Ah yes, I forgot about Anstey!

I don't think Gaze could have ever made it in the NBA, even if he wanted to... but I think it's a good thing he stayed in Australia, because now he's an absolute legend of Aussie basketball and that reputation might have been tarnished by playing overseas permanently.

I'd have thought a guy from Utah would know all about Australian basketballers given one of your colleges is about to produce an Australian #1 NBA draft pick ^_^

liverpool-1.png

This is the logo to be used at the National Basketball League All-Star match next Wednesday in Townsville.

00000014-image.gif

00001356-image.gif

Last year was the re-introduced last season and played at the end of the season in Melbourne and had no specific logo made for it. It was not played between 1997 (the last winter season) and 2004.

townsville, eh? somebody call the powerpuff girls :hockeysmiley: j/k

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Aussie - So the people of Townsville shouldn't be allowed to vote to see THEIR favourite players play in the All Star Game played on their court? Instead they should all vote for Gaze because it's his last season? Pffft...

Rosters for NBL/NBA All Star Games are basically popularity contests, if the people of Vic cared enough about Gaze and the Game they could have loaded the voting just as much as the Crocs fans did. NQ fans love their sport, and will go overboard to support it...I used to live there :)

The All Star Game isn't on free-to-air anyway, why should anyone apart from those in Townsville actually care about it?

FWIW I'm a hardcore basketball nut, coach 2 teams here in Brisbane, so I have some idea what I'm talking about. I haven't heard much interest around the place for the All Star Game, most of the talk around here is about how the Bullets potential to make the playoffs.

Quadival - the rigours of travel to the Southern Hemisphere have been cited by NBA teams as the reasons they won't play here...kind of a shame. At least we get regular visits from US colleges on pre-season trips.

To those with negative comments re: Leagues other than the NBA, remind me again who got Gold in Athens? And what about the Worlds? Neither was won by a US Men's team.

Discrimihater - And Racine's the centre of the known universe, right?

Aussie - So the people of Townsville shouldn't be allowed to vote to see THEIR favourite players play in the All Star Game played on their court? Instead they should all vote for Gaze because it's his last season? Pffft...

Rosters for NBL/NBA All Star Games are basically popularity contests, if the people of Vic cared enough about Gaze and the Game they could have loaded the voting just as much as the Crocs fans did. NQ fans love their sport, and will go overboard to support it...I used to live there :)

The All Star Game isn't on free-to-air anyway, why should anyone apart from those in Townsville actually care about it?

FWIW I'm a hardcore basketball nut, coach 2 teams here in Brisbane, so I have some idea what I'm talking about. I haven't heard much interest around the place for the All Star Game, most of the talk around here is about how the Bullets potential to make the playoffs.

Quadival - the rigours of travel to the Southern Hemisphere have been cited by NBA teams as the reasons they won't play here...kind of a shame. At least we get regular visits from US colleges on pre-season trips.

To those with negative comments re: Leagues other than the NBA, remind me again who got Gold in Athens? And what about the Worlds? Neither was won by a US Men's team.

Discrimihater - And Racine's the centre of the known universe, right?

no, Gaze is undoubtedly the best player Australia has ever produced, there should be a way where the NBL can change the final rosters to accomodate thebetter players. I know for a fact that the announcer at a Crocs game had told fans to vote for the Crocs players.

There should be some sort of common sense in the voting. I have no phone (cos i got broken) so i can't vote cos iti s by SMS.

I play basketball for two teams in Cranbourne and there is nothing around there about the NBL.... all the posters that used t obe there have been taken down for ads.....

maybe making it so ppl can only vote once or finding another way...or make a selection panel link the Australian Cricket team has to select the teams where common sense will prevail

I meant a NBL team playing IN T.O., not the other way around :) Besides if NBA teams can play exhibition games in Japan and China, then a game in Australia wouldn't be as far-fetched as you might think. But I have heard about the US college pre-season trips. I do recall Arizona playing there a couple of years back.

I saw, I came, I left.

I know for a fact that the announcer at a Crocs game had told fans to vote for the Crocs players.

Of course he would have! I don't see how that's anything out of the ordinary. Encouraging local fans to vote for players from their team seems like a pretty standard way of drumming up support I would have thought.

Fans in the states vote INJURED players onto the all star teams. Its nothing more than a popularity contest, and that's how it should be. All star games are for the fans. They aren't gold glove awards or MVPs. They are exhibitions for the fans to see all their favorites play together. Its when that the game means something that this should stop. I'm talking about baseball. Now if it means something, the best should be represented.

Discrim was just poking fun at the town name, I'm assuming its the name of the town Powderpuff Girls takes place in. He was joking, chill out.

anyway, I bet you have a product that comes from Racine Wisconsin, or at least where its based out of. Johnson and Johnson's headquarters is in Racine. And they make alot more than baby shampoo :)

Don't give me that crap stranger! My question wasn't intented to put down the Australian ball players and nor did it have any hidden agenda behind it. I seriously have to question your membership on this board if you're going to get offended that easily!

I'd have thought a guy from Utah would know all about Australian basketballers given one of your colleges is about to produce an Australian #1 NBA draft pick ^_^

Yes Andrew Bogut is one fine ball player but not everyone from Australia is as good as Andrew Bogut or even close. You're talking about the possibly the best player to ever come out of Australia.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Yes Andrew Bogut is one fine ball player but not everyone from Australia is as good as Andrew Bogut or even close. You're talking about the possibly the best player to ever come out of Australia.

Yeah I know, hence the half smile/wink :D

Bogut is the best "big man" we've ever produced easily, and probably only the second or third real NBA calibre player.

As for how good you need to be to be an All-Star here... most of the Australian players would be good enough to play on 6-7 figure contracts in Europe, and the American imports would be the guys getting cut from NBA summer camp rosters if they're lucky :D

liverpool-1.png

Don't give me that crap stranger! My question wasn't intented to put down the Australian ball players and nor did it have any hidden agenda behind it. I seriously have to question your membership on this board if you're going to get offended that easily!

Question away all you want... makes no difference to me.

Discrim was just poking fun at the town name, I'm assuming its the name of the town Powderpuff Girls takes place in. He was joking, chill out.

anyway, I bet you have a product that comes from Racine Wisconsin, or at least where its based out of. Johnson and Johnson's headquarters is in Racine. And they make alot more than baby shampoo :)

twas merely all in fun...nothin against ya personally, it was just the first thing that popped in my head when i saw the town's name. Sue me, I watch too much TV :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived