Nhl football x-over concepts

CrookedThumb

No offense, but IMHO, they lack creativity. They are all very similar (except for maybe the Preds), and on only one did you not use the same number font.

Also, they don't reflect the real jerseys of the teams very well in terms of colouring, and I don't know if that's what you were going for, but I think crossovers should reflect the reality. For instance, the Avalanche don't have a blue jersey period and the Lightning wear black or white.

Also, I would've used the Penguins 'hummingbird' (it doesn't look like a hummingbird to me, I don't know why it's called that) logo on the helmet, and have it facing forwards. That, or else I would've tried to "football"-ize the skating penguin logo so that it perhaps looks like a running back carrying a football.

Some good work on these, but attempting crossovers is a risky business. A certain member of this board has spoiled us with top notch crossovers (production-wise and attractive-wise), and although I don't believe he's done NHL football crossovers, even attempting any kind of crossover invites comparison to the master.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

There's one more thing I've noticed about your designs. You're saving this as GIF files with white as the transparent colour, right? I use a grey background by default in my web browser, so any white in your designs show up as grey.

I'd suggest saving without a transparent colour.

I'd also suggest using a number other than 1 on them, and preferably two-digit, so that you really show how the font you're using is going to look.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Some good work on these, but attempting crossovers is a risky business. A certain member of this board has spoiled us with top notch crossovers (production-wise and attractive-wise), and although I don't believe he's done NHL football crossovers, even attempting any kind of crossover invites comparison to the master.

BROWN-noser!  :P

seriously though, I really dont enjoy doing football concepts as much as I do baseball and hockey concepts. Ive only done one football x-over so far (SF Giants football) and I might take it up in the future.

I must say I am stumped on a Sharks football x-over, simply because Puckguy has made a very good one that fits perfectly, and I dont want to be a copycat  :D

Archived