My High School Redesign

andrewharrington

This design is the culmination f a long process of redesigning my alma mater. i graduated last year and have been working on the package since then, off and on. the primary and secondary logos are mine, though the secondary is more of a non competition type logo. its more suited to say, center court or the 50 yard line than on the uniforms.

avon lake has long used USC uniforms, changing with the times of course. i altered that just a little bit, using an arched wordmark that nike did for connecticut, and going single stripe pants instead of double, to simplify and unify the look. i used white socks, but im sure thats not going to stop those silly kids from continuing to wear black ones.

go shoremen.

03/04 state champions - 04/05 state runners-up.

Avon-Lake-Shoremen.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The anchor AL is simple but its a cool ass logo. I'm not to sure about whats going on in the secondary. I think you may have been aiming for splashing water but it looks like fire to me. But your rendering of the lighthouse is awesome.

Love the aways, not to keen on the home unis though. Maybe white pants would work better, with white numbers and a gold outline.

yeah, the color pallette really makes the waves look like fire, and it really looks like my lighthouse is burning down. i think im going to revisit that. i just made that today at work, and the building part is done, but im going to try for a more "wave" look than "flame" look.

for traditions sake, i havent the heart to change the gold pants and numbers at home. they currently wear gold pants on the road too, but i dropped those in favor of maroon. maroon socks are worth a look. gold socks on the away? or still white, what do you guys think?

side note: i wouldnt be opposed to them using the actual USC font, a very attractive block, but i used a widened version of the cubs font here because the helmet logo has smooth lines and i found a smooth font more complimentaary than a block to some degree. i may revisit that as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Nice work there tempest! I really like the color palette that you have chosen, it is very unique and not used that much. The logo is very simple but it gets the message across.

However, I think the socks should be maroon for the home uniform, it might help the flow of the whole uniform. Have you tried a yellow alternate with the red pants? That would be sweet!

Good job!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

updates. the waves are now waves instead of flames, and i went with maroon socks all the way through. yes, the same color pants/socks are a high school-ish element, but this IS a high school uniform set, so be it.

to elaborate on AAOs suggestion to wear white pants and white numbers with a gold outline on the homes, with a high schools budget, im keeping things simple and traditional, so it wont cost the school or the players an arm and a leg. that siad, adding a second pair of pants is probably the biggest budget buster that will fly. the same one color numbers and stripes cut the cost tremendously. this is also why i go with the same socks for home and away here. every cent helps. i like how this came out though. its one of, if not the best two-color set ive ever done. (thank you to USC) :D

Maroon socks makes the home uniform looks much better... And the secondary looks amazing now!

:notworthy:

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

i fail to understand appleman. care to explain?  :D

It's a quote from the Simpsons. I can't remember who said it... Lionel Hutz the lawyer maybe?

Anyway it means i like it!

Yeah I think it was when Homer tried to sue the all-you-can-eat seafood place that threw him out when they ran out of food. :D

Anyway back on topic... the anchor logo is cool, and the colours are certainly not going to be missed by anyone sitting on the sidelines. Tradition might be all those gold pants have going for them, but they are a nice change from boring white.

liverpool-1.png

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but personally, I think I'd go with letters sandwiching the anchor, instead of actually comprising parts of the anchor. It looks kind of awkward to me.

However, don't let me detract from the great work you've done with the whole thing. Hope your high school also sees the future clad in a Tempest design!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

yes, i think youve mentioned that the other time(s) i may have posted this along the way, but im not quite clear on what you mean sy. the package is final, as good as in the mail, but im just kind of curious as to what you speak of with the sandwiching and all.

and for the public, here is the current for comparison. my apologies for the quality, theyre the best i could scrounge up that are postable. ironic side note: i happened to find pictures of the two players i modeled, the legendary Jon Schroeder 28 and Dan Sfiligoj 33.

AvonLake2e.jpg

avon07.jpg

using vectors is a lot easier than using pixels, so thats a start. not that it cant be done with pixels, but lets just say that its much more difficult. :D

from there, i use good photo reference and/or graphic reference, and a bit of artistic license to simplify my intended message.

using vectors is a lot easier than using pixels, so thats a start. not that it cant be done with pixels, but lets just say that its much more difficult. :D

from there, i use good photo reference and/or graphic reference, and a bit of artistic license to simplify my intended message.

So a program like Adobe Photoshop is a good start??

signature.png

Archived