Rome Imperials Concept

AAO

Something about the head and helmet doesn't work... you admitted the face wasn't perfect (nice attempt at a Roman nose though), but the mane is excellent and looks 3D, but the rest of the helmet looks like a 2D side profile, very flat. It might need some shading or something?

What the others said about the guy being a bit weedy too.

I actually liked the wordmark, although the lower case looking M would become annoying over time if I supported this team. Rome could be a touch bigger but its obvious that you're trying harder to get the city names in more.

I personally don't like logos with the name of the city underneath the nickname, but it seems to be getting more popular. I guess I'll get used to it!

(Of course I have no idea how to fix any of these problems, but I love seeing you guys perfect these concepts so I'll always add my 2 cents ^_^ )

liverpool-1.png

In case it helps ya out AOA, heres a similar concept i threw together awhile ago for the defunct NEHL, or whatever it was called last ...

titans_01c_coyotes.jpg

id_titans_01d.jpg

I was never fully satisfied with the full mark (symbol plus wordmark). I planned on doing more of a sweeping cape, or slight allusions to some shoulder armor to work into the shape of the text, but this whole thing ended up flat on the floor, so i never spent anymore time on it.

Also, I have to completely agree with nitro in saying that you need to slow down (which it seems like you have done very recently). Looking back through your MLB redesigns ... most of them are really quite fantastic. You are displaying an excellent sense of color useage, and definitely showing alot of potential in your rendering ability and concept of form and shape. However, your latest projects seem to be looking a little "less professional" ... and i can only assume that its because you are pushing them out for all to see before giving them the proper amount of time to review and edit.

Hope only to help out with these words ... other than that, keep the great work man coming, I hope to see more.

I distinctly remember that package js. Its definately my favorite in the "trojan, spartan, titan, etc." category. The titan head is flawless. I hope another project comes up where you can use it.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Archived