Reds alternate changes

Discrim

I;m from Cincy, reds fan born and raised and my least favorite thing that isn't human being oriented that they've done since I've been alive is add black to the uniforms. I think it's the new ownership trying to get back at Marge Schott cause she didn't like black things very much, and I appreciate the attempt, but they're ruining our uniforms.

Last years alternate should be our home jersey. As the original Major League Baseball team, I don't think it would hurt to show a little of our celebrated history in our unis!

THEY'RE THE REDS!!!! WEAR RED DAMMIT!

Now Udonkey. How you not gonna say something earlier about a Cincy connection. Aren't you on Gobengals.com

Anyway, your reaction to that comment is cause you know it's true. That woman was as racist as they come.

The way she mistreated tony perez and joe morgan and dave concepcione was a joke, and her cmment about hitler. Damn woman, she's lucky she died of natural causes.

:D:D:D

I;m from Cincy, reds fan born and raised and my least favorite thing that isn't human being oriented that they've done since I've been alive is add black to the uniforms.

As a long-suffering fan of the met-amucils, i can defintely sympathize with the dreaded 'black drop shadow' and 'black alternate' demons.

as for the Reds running man, they need to bring his mustache back, his mustache is up there in the mustache pantheon alongside burt reynolds and tom 'magnum' selleck.

Actually, I think the Reds do black well. They don't let it overrun there uniform; red is the primary and black secondary.

It is prominent in the road uniform, and I'd be okay with a reversal of red and black there, but being the road uniform, I think it is okay to side towards a darker color.

And there alternate last year was a beauty; if this is an actual change I will be very disappointed. I can deal with the REDS, but the black piping kills me. Either keep the piping from last year, or just do single white piping.

Damn man, I have got to scoop up one of the old ones. I like the idea from above. I love the simple away jersey and having it be a vest is fine too just put a red shirt uner it. A home Solid white with red piping and a red logo, opposite of last years alternate would give me a boner.

nl_1995_cincinnati.gif

I liked this style a lot.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Reds are one of the few teams that I think should use black in their uniforms. I applaud them for it. Nearly ever other team that uses red pairs it with navy(See: Angels, Braves, Indians, Nationals, Red Sox, Twins) or a different shade of blue(See: Cubs and Rangers). The only other team that uses almost exclusively red, and even they're beginning to let blue back onto more parts of the identity. The Reds are the only team that pulls unis off with white, red, black and grey, and I think they do it well.

Regardless of that, I do in fact like last year's alternate more, but this one doesn't bother me. I really would not mind seeing a clean white home jersey with red piping, and the away jersey needs to be all grey, exactly like Survial posted. Both the Reds and Phils need to drop red pinstripes... it will always look pink to me...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Actually, I think the Reds do black well. They don't let it overrun there uniform; red is the primary and black secondary.

It is prominent in the road uniform, and I'd be okay with a reversal of red and black there, but being the road uniform, I think it is okay to side towards a darker color.

And there alternate last year was a beauty; if this is an actual change I will be very disappointed. I can deal with the REDS, but the black piping kills me. Either keep the piping from last year, or just do single white piping.

yes it was a thing of beauty, thats why I'm buying it instead of this years.

Archived