2002-2003 nhl uniform ratings

JQK

These ratings are completely arbitrary and were given out on the basis of style, design, logo, and appeal. Like i said, this is completely arbitrary and is ment to start discussion.

Down There

|

|

|

V

TeamHomeAwayAlternateOverallComments
Anaheim5.13.7NA4.4The logo always botherd me, and the angled stripes thing i never liked. Very 1993 fad, and they never changed

Atlanta7.55.3NA6.4I still like this uniform. It's worn off a little bit, but it's still a sold uniform

Boston8.89.02.06.6Some of the best uniforms in the NHL today. The only reason it's overall is mediocre is because of the third jersey. Just..... no.

Buffalo3.53.36.24.3Have hated the new logo since it came out, and have hated the ripoff of the Devils color scheme. One of the few teams in which the third jersey is better than the regulars

Calgary7.94.0NA6.0A great logo on the homes, and a great uniform design. Simple, great. The black roads and the horse logo take away from a good uniform design. They are fixing that for 2003-04, which is good

Carolina4.27.5NA5.9Good concept, the roads are very good, the homes don't translate well. They need to work on it

Chicago10109.89.9Nothing to say. Has been, and always will be, the best uniform and logo in all of sports.

Colorado7.88.58.08.1Solid uniforms all around. The thirds are good too, a rarity

Columbus2.12.3NA2.2Scrap it, start over

Dallas5.05.0NA5.0Their uniforms pre 1999/2000 were perfect. These just have never looked good to me. The design is just bad.

Detroit9.08.8NA8.9A classic. Simple, Elegant. Hockey royalty shouldn't be seen in anything less

Edmonton9.39.95.08.1The removal of the yolk and changing of the colors a few years back really stepped up the Oilers uniform to a new level. The third jersey is.... unfortunate...

Florida4.85.15.55.1Mediocre team, mediocre uniforms

Los Angeles6.87.0NA6.9I don't like the new crown logo, i always liked the gold and violet better, but, it's better than the shield and their Silver and Black uniforms

Minnesota9.310NA9.7FANTASTIC uniforms. simply great. I love the green, i love the logo, very well done, the best uniforms of the recent expantion teams, no question.

Montreal8.89.8NA9.3Blue, Red, and white.. can't beat those colors, and you can't beat the general design, unchanged in over 80 years

Nashville1.22.00.51.2Team should be contracted just for having uniforms like these. Logo is awful, and the uniforms enhace it's suckness...

New Jersey9.09.5NA9.3Simple and classy. Can't get a much better design. A good ol' fashion hockey uniform

NY Islanders8.8102.27.0I love these jerseys, i love them so much. So wonderful. Why they ever went with the fisherman, will forever be a mystery. Once again, though, the third jersey is just.. unfortunate...

NY Rangers9.09.94.57.8"Ohh, look at me, i have lady liberty on my chest, be afraid"... Great regular uniforms.. they should just stick to those. Gotta love those blues.. great uniform

Ottawa9.51.18.06.2THe schizophrenic NHL team. Three COMPLETELY different uniforms.... jesus it's confusing. Those swoosh road jerseys have to die.

Philadelphia8.74.24.05.6Switching to the black jersey for the roads was a bad idea.... the third is... not bad, but not good either.

Phoenix5.55.33.84.9Glad they are getting an overhaul

Pittsburgh7.99.0NA8.5The skating penguin, long one of the best logos, is back, and looking good. The new gold is a little too light, other than that, good uniforms

St. Louis9.510NA9.8When the Blues finally stopped trying to play games with their uniforms, they went old/new school, and what a uniform. Once again showing simple = beautiful.

San Jose9.39.99.09.4What can i say? just a good design. The logo has always been great, and slaping it on anything (even something brown) and it'll look good. These are just good uniforms...

Tampa Bay6.04.4NA5.2Just some tweeking and they would look good.. but one or two things, and that's what drags it down...

Toronto6.46.58.97.3Will never forgive them for adding silver and that awful shoulder logo.. the previous uniforms were perfect, and they f***ed it up. The thrids are great, should become the main

Vancouver7.07.34.06.1Not spectacular, not awful. Am glad the third is going...

Washington4.68.2NA6.4They need to either overhaul the whole design and go back to Red, White, and Blue, or make their roads the permanent design, and transfer that design to the white jerseys...

According to my crappy ratings (which are pretty on the mark as far as my feelings on the uniforms go:

01 - Chicago Black Hawks (9.9)

02 - St. Louis Blues (9.8)

03 - Minnesota Wild (9.7)

04 - San Jose Sharks (9.4)

05 - Montreal Canadiens (tied 9.3)

05 - New Jersey Devils (tied 9.3)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I have to say, I'm surprised that the Wild and Sharks are so high on your list, given your penchant for simplicity and old-schoolness.

I'd be interested to see more of a breakdown, maybe, or some commentary.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Last time i did commentary and i was ripped for some.. off color comments.. so i figured instead of having a repeat.. i'd just leave as is.

But i like the idea.. so i'll do it

sB9ijEj.png

few corrections...

LA- u have the 3rd jersey as NA. they in fact have one, its purple

VAN- u say ur are glad they are scrapping their third, but in recent posts here have "confirmed" that they are keepin it.

I really like wut u have done with this breakdown. i agree with you on 85% of this.

untitled-1.png

As always, I have a ton of points I disagree with you on... and quite a few I agree with you on, too.  I definitely respect the breakdown.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Obviously I disagree with you on a lot of points, but I was surprised at how many we agreed on.

...but I don't think God's Son (no offense to any Jewish folk here) had anything to do with Ottawa's terrible road jersey. :;):

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I guess you're gonna have to flip the the home and away rankings for next year.

I'd like to make some comment on the comments:

Chicago 10 10 9.8 9.9 Nothing to say. Has been, and always will be, the best uniform and logo in all of sports.

Well, I happen to disagree with that statement. Best uniform and logo in all of sports? There certainly some baseball teams with better logos that that!

Montreal 8.8 9.8 NA 9.3 Blue, Red, and white.. can't beat those colors, and you can't beat the general design, unchanged in over 80 years

I'm sure you're referring to the red uniforms and logo right? Because the white jerseys have changed somewhat over these 80 years.

NY Rangers 9.0 9.9 4.5 7.8 "Ohh, look at me, i have lady liberty on my chest, be afraid"... Great regular uniforms.. they should just stick to those. Gotta love those blues.. great uniform

Why be afraid of Lady Liberty? Lady liberty should be on the Devils' uniforms! :D

Phoenix 5.5 5.3 3.8 4.9 Glad they are getting an overhaul

Ya think the overhaul will end up with improved uniforms?

I saw, I came, I left.

Chicago 10 10 9.8 9.9 Nothing to say. Has been, and always will be, the best uniform and logo in all of sports.

Well, I happen to disagree with that statement. Best uniform and logo in all of sports? There certainly some baseball teams with better logos that that!

No... not a chance... Best logo, Best uniforms.

Montreal 8.8 9.8 NA 9.3 Blue, Red, and white.. can't beat those colors, and you can't beat the general design, unchanged in over 80 years

I'm sure you're referring to the red uniforms and logo right? Because the white jerseys have changed somewhat over these 80 years.

you can't beat the general design, unchanged in over 80 years

NY Rangers 9.0 9.9 4.5 7.8 "Ohh, look at me, i have lady liberty on my chest, be afraid"... Great regular uniforms.. they should just stick to those. Gotta love those blues.. great uniform

Why be afraid of Lady Liberty? Lady liberty should be on the Devils' uniforms!

No one should be afraid of lady liberty.. that was the point.. and that's right, Lady Liberty in in Jersey, damnit!!! :)

And yes, although i like the Coyotes uniforms (they grew on me), i think they could be better...

sB9ijEj.png

I disagree about giving the Blackhawks road a 10.  It doesn't match the home jersey in patterns and the sleeve stripes arrangement doesn't match the hem stripe.

You accuse the Sabres of being a Devils rip-off.  Too bad the Devils are an even bigger rip-off of the B'hawks.

I agree with you on the Columbus issue, but the homes are way better than the roads.  The roads don't have a contrasting color arm stripe like the home.  The road is too plain.

I also agree about the Toronto thirds.  Those are really nice.  The yoke is good.

I'd switch your ratings on the Wild jerseys.  Home is superior to the road by a lot.  Again, the contrasting color arm stripe.

9.8 for the Montreal road??  Does the body stripe bother anybody else or is it just me?

9.0 for the SJ 3rd?  It's far too plain.  Just slapped a few thin stripes on it.  Not even a new logo.

Archived