Name that Team

aengre

With a bit of extra time on my hands now, I'm going to fulfill the interest I showed in the RFL (CC Fantasy Football League), and put together a package. First thing in mind is a name, so I ask of you to pretend and be citizens of Minnesota(some won't have to pretend). The local papers have posted an ad to name the possible incoming RFL expansion team. So, if so inclined, please put forth some ideas. Multiple entries per person is fine. From these entries, I shall post the ones I like best (could be all of them) and then have a board poll to choose the winner.

Can be Minnesota or Twin Cities, as it'll be based here.

Prize: Free season tickets. :hockeysmiley:

Submitted names -

[1] Minnesota Thunderdogs - a revisit of the past RFL franchise

[2] Minnesota Gemini

[3] Minnesota Freeze

[4] Minnesota Erness

[5] Minnesota yaheyderes

[6] Twin Cities Business

[7] Minnesota Miners

[8] Minnesota Maulers

[9] Minnesota Mallers :P

[10] Minnesota Purple Reign

[11] Twin City Sentinels

[12] Minnesota Lakers

[13] Minnesota Redfox

[14] Minnesota Marauders

[15] Minnesota Mavericks

[AD - NCFA] Arctic University Kodiaks (5-1-0, CONF 0-0-0)

[Owner - NABA] Arctic Menace (18-12)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

One of the orginal RFL franchises was the Minnesota Thunderdogs,who played from 1994-1997.Their colors were purple,silver,and white and after having maybe the plainest uniforms this side of Penn State their owner let me add more "flair" to them for 1995-97.Now that I think about it,they were Milwaukee for their first season and I believ that's why he let me upgrade the unis is because of the "move".I seriously doubt you'll consider this name but I just thought it would be neat to bring back on of the teams from the RFL's past.

98Falcons.png

One of the orginal RFL franchises was the Minnesota Thunderdogs,who played from 1994-1997.Their colors were purple,silver,and white and after having maybe the plainest uniforms this side of Penn State their owner let me add more "flair" to them for 1995-97.Now that I think about it,they were Milwaukee for their first season and I believ that's why he let me upgrade the unis is because of the "move".I seriously doubt you'll consider this name but I just thought it would be neat to bring back on of the teams from the RFL's past.

To be totally honest...I had wanted to go that route, but wasn't sure of any problems there would be internally. I didn't want to step on anyone's toes. I'm still interested in hearing some others though.

I just liked the idea of revisiting some possible glory days after I read some of the leagues original history.

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

How about the Minnesota Gemini? You can have cool quoes like "Double the force, double the intesnity, double the energy" and such. Off the top of my head, Navy Blue, Gold and Forest Green might look nice.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

How about the Minnesota Gemini? You can have cool quoes like "Double the force, double the intesnity, double the energy" and such. Off the top of my head, Navy Blue, Gold and Forest Green might look nice.

Nice thought...especially since it's my sign:)

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

Minnesota Redfox. I believe they're indigenous (sp?) to Minnesota, and i'd love to do the logo if you'd like. i need some time though, my internet at home is messed up and should be fixed soon. A fire orange and maybe navy blue or black with white for the color scheme.

Here's some info about red foxes (from dnr):

The red fox is well-known for its rusty-red coat, white-tipped bushy tail, and black legs, ears and nose. In Minnesota, "Reynard" is a fox of several different colors, variations include nearly solid black, silver-black and red bisected by dark bands across the back and shoulders (called a cross fox).

Red fox tend to be solitary animals, and always hunt alone. The fox may be active day and night but appears to hunt most during twilight and evening. It is an opportunist that eats rats and mice, rabbits, ground squirrels, birds, snakes, fish, insects, berries nuts, and seeds. A fox will often hide uneaten food under litter or bury it in a hole to be eaten later.

Red fox mate about mid-winter and the female bears from four to ten pups in early spring. They often den up in woodchuck or badger holes. Dens are usually found in dense woods. Most dens are quite deep--up to 40 feet. The den, however, is little more than a nursery because fox prefer to sleep in the open, even during winter.

Here are some ideas for your team. I dabble a bit in fantasy football and I had these ideas.

1. Minnesota Lakers (After all the state motto is land of 10,000 lakes)

2. Minnesta Maulers (Use a logo like the Pittsburgh Maulers or the Duluth Lumberjacks)

3. Minnesota Marauders (The possibilities are endless)

4. Minnesota Mavericks (Again. endless possibilites)

Hope they help. :D

A bunch here I am liking. I would like to thank those that have suggested names...I appreciate the interest.

Copying JQK and CC

Minneapolis.gif

VP.jpg

3. Minnesota Marauders (The possibilities are endless)

4. Minnesota Mavericks (Again. endless possibilites)

Those are really good

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Minnesota Redfox. I believe they're indigenous (sp?) to Minnesota, and i'd love to do the logo if you'd like. i need some time though, my internet at home is messed up and should be fixed soon. A fire orange and maybe navy blue or black with white for the color scheme.

Here's some info about red foxes (from dnr):

The red fox is well-known for its rusty-red coat, white-tipped bushy tail, and black legs, ears and nose. In Minnesota, "Reynard" is a fox of several different colors, variations include nearly solid black, silver-black and red bisected by dark bands across the back and shoulders (called a cross fox).

Red fox tend to be solitary animals, and always hunt alone. The fox may be active day and night but appears to hunt most during twilight and evening. It is an opportunist that eats rats and mice, rabbits, ground squirrels, birds, snakes, fish, insects, berries nuts, and seeds. A fox will often hide uneaten food under litter or bury it in a hole to be eaten later.

Red fox mate about mid-winter and the female bears from four to ten pups in early spring. They often den up in woodchuck or badger holes. Dens are usually found in dense woods. Most dens are quite deep--up to 40 feet. The den, however, is little more than a nursery because fox prefer to sleep in the open, even during winter.

That's an awesome name. I gotta write that one down.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

To be serious for a moment, don't name it Minnesota Mavericks since there already is the Minnesota State-Mankato Mavericks.

Other Minnesota names to avoid, since there already are college teams of such names:

Bulldogs

Huskies

Dragons

Warriors

Mustangs

Beavers

Golden Bears

Golden Eagles

And, for crying out loud, don't go with any of the MIAC names like Cobbers, Johnnies, Gusties, Auggies ...

Archived