NY Islanders Concept(s)

philroy

I couldn't settle on one variation, so I'll show a bunch.

And a quick question - what is the significance (if any) of the Isles' only using the 4 stripes on the right shoulder? Of course, putting it on both shoulders could distort the symbollism, but is it on the right for a reason, or the result of a coin flip?

NYI-01preview-A.jpg

NYI-01preview-C.jpg

Edit: to make things a little less crowded, the others are here

I don't know, I need to see a few more versions before I make up my mind on it...

:wacko:

j/k, nice job, I think the sleeve stripes should be a little thinner, they overpower the numbers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

And a quick question - what is the significance (if any) of the Isles' only using the 4 stripes on the right shoulder?

The four stripes stand for their four Stanley Cups.

Very nice concepts.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

And a quick question - what is the significance (if any) of the Isles' only using the 4 stripes on the right shoulder?

Very nice concepts.

I think he got that. He was asking why only on one shoulder.

Very nice concepts.

because they have only won 4 stanley cups. if they put that on both shoulders, it could be read as having won 8 stanley cups. since the 2 on each shoulder probably didnt look good, they went for 4 on one shoulder. it probably has something to do with them being won in a row (i think they were, right?)

Very nice concepts.

because they have only won 4 stanley cups. if they put that on both shoulders, it could be read as having won 8 stanley cups. since the 2 on each shoulder probably didnt look good, they went for 4 on one shoulder. it probably has something to do with them being won in a row (i think they were, right?)

'80-'83, yes.

First, I think that the four stripes thing is a little forced (the idea in general, not your concept.)

The way the Isles do it, where the stripes are just a little patch, it begs the question "what are the stripes for?" and at least that way people talk about the four cups. I think that the stripes on your concept are too much like legit stripes, and any symbolic significance would be lost. If they were only on one side (like some of your versions) it would be better symbolically, but look very odd visually.

I'd probably lose the stripes and just go with something like the patch thing that they have now. It's a neat concept nonetheless.

Oh yeah - I'm personally not a fan of the armpit "victory" stripes (or whatever TB calls them.) I think the concept looks better w/o them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived