A Good idea

iDonovan

Well this little baby has been a work in progress. You see I live with my girlfriend and her little girl who both have diabetes. I moved in with them about 6months ago...and learned first hand how hard it is to have diabetes, let alone be a little kid with it. So I felt helpless to help...the only way things are going to get better is if there is more research, which takes funding. I am fairly involved in soccer here, having two of my own teams. So I decided to organize a fundung raising tournament. The idea is to one day have it be Canada's largest soccer tournament. :flagcanada:

Currently I am hitting up local business and major company of sponsorship. I just thought I would show you guys the first rough design of the logo.

soccertourney.jpg

It looks more like an Evans piece than one of iDonovan's work...

beat you, joel!

It's a little busy. I think there should be more emphasis on "kick'n in" and the diabetes/soccer logo than the Canada Day wording at the bottom. It kind of reads too much like a billboard, and the gradient behind it somewhat lends to the confusion. I'd just like to see more separation between the separate elements, so you can tell which is the most important, which I think is the "kick'n" etc logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wow, this is impressive. Busy...but impressive. I like the soccer player symbol the best - very very nice. Yes the design is a bit busy, but the only problem with that is that it makes the letters with the light fill hard to see. Before you make any changes, what I would *really* love to see is this exact same design, but on a black background (possibly making the white honeycomb lines on the ball vignette black as well). Man, I bet that would pop out those silver letters...

LT

Oh yes, and most importantly - good luck to the cause!

A few things, however nitpicky they might be:

1. I'm not really feeling the font on Canada Day and the text under it (Planet Kosmos, I believe). I find it kind of hard to read from a distance because it makes everything smooshed-together looking.

2. I think the trail on the soccer ball would look better if it was inverted, with the curve being at the top. I don't know why, but it just seems like a soccer ball following that trajectory would be highly unlikely, but I've played exactly one game of soccer in my life, so I might be dead wrong.

Otherwise, this is a great concept for an even greater cause. Kudos!

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I hate that "Canada Day Soccer Tournament" font... I think I've said that before.

The Beckham logo similarity is somewhat pronounced, but that can be fixed. I like the soccerball-net, and the Kick'n In is pretty cool.

I'd perhaps make the "N"s in Kick'n In capital, to make it slightly more readable. Also, a little more spacing between the Kick'n In logo and the details would help. Additionally, I don't think the details should be more stylized than the logo, but maybe that's the Oreo-Mint Blizzard talking.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

iD - your work is wonderful. You have a real gift - good luck!!! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived