Rockets Concept..ish

Anemic_Royaltea

After watching the Rockets finish off the t-birds last nite, i got to thinking that their current uniform set has too much...burnt orange...nevermind how bad their third jerseys are...

which is why its sort of stupid that i havent done thirds yet, since those i have the most problem with.

rockets0di.jpg

rocketis6.png

Uggh, you know I had JUST gotten the image of the loss last night out of my head and now I have to see this.

Wheres my Canadian Club?

About the concepts, great stuff although I really wish they had changed the name when they moved to Kelowna. Rockets had been Tacoma's team since the 20's and to see them keep the name in Kelowna was weird. There is 0 connection. If you keep the logo they have now, then the Kelowna OP's sounds like a good name to me.

Or just bring this back:

KelownaRockets2.gif

Not that their new one is particularly good, but that old logo is horrible.

As for the jerseys, I'd say go with a different colour for the dark jersey other than black. The trim colours seem to disappear on the black jersey. Maybe use that aqua colour, with some red (or whatever it is) and white trim?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The white jersey is fine. What shade of red did you use? Cardinal or scarlet? If it's cardinal try one in that color in the Boston Braves-style. The Braves used cardinal, black and white with white numbers. They were sharp.

How did the "Rockets" come up with a dragon?

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada:B)

The white jersey is fine. What shade of red did you use? Cardinal or scarlet? If it's cardinal try one in that color in the Boston Braves-style. The Braves used cardinal, black and white with white numbers. They were sharp.

How did the "Rockets" come up with a dragon?

GO LEAFS GO! :flagcanada:B)

It's Ogopogo, a loch ness type monster that lives in Lake Okanagon in Kelowna.

http://www.vtours.com/kelowna/ogopogo.htm

I remember the short-lived San Antonio Dragons of the IHL using a very similar dragon logo to what Kelowna uses. looks like Kelowna updated ti a tad recently, though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I think if you change the blue numbers to more of a whitish color you have a winner here... even with Puff the Magic dragon as a 50 year old as a logo

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived