Mlb all-star uniforms

Snowcap30

this is what the caption says...

Authentic 2003 National League All-Star Jersey

Own the official jersey that the stars of the National League will be wearing on the field for the 2003 All-Star game in Chicago! Made of the same fabric as the popular 2003 Performance BP, this button-front jersey features the 2003 All-Star patch on the left sleeve.

untitled-1.png

I think this might be what they wear for the home run derby and all that stuff only. You think they're going to play in Batting Practice uniforms? I only saw the National League one, but it looks like white sox colors(black,silver,white) with a Red Sox like script.

I think they teams were going to wear them during the game, but I think MLB decided not to in the end. I believe the font on the jerseys were on the White Sox jerseys several decades ago, although I can't remeber which decade(s).

Houston is hosting next year's All-Star Game right?

So when does anyone think Arizona, Florida, Tampa Bay will host the All-Star Game?

I saw, I came, I left.

Well snow, if they don't wear them in the game then all they are are BP jerseys anyone, but I agree. I liked others much better.

St. Louis' new stadium plans have changed a little, so I don't know, but when they announced their original plans, Bud promised us the game in '06 if the plans followed through. Like I said, the plans have changed a little so I don't know if that still applies.

MLB's Sandy Alderson has officially announced that the jerseys in question in this thread will NOT be worn during play of the actual All-Star Game. While MLB has not ruled out the production/use of official American and National League uniforms for future All-Star Game play, they have bowed to public criticism this year.

Brian in Boston

If done right, I see no problem with having league uniforms.  The NHL does it, and while I don't really like the design, I like it better than 30 different unis running around.

one of the things that is most enjoyable about the MLB all star game is all the different uniforms. especially the past two times an NL park was the host, you can really see how the Giants cream clashes with all the other white uniforms! :)

as far as future all star games go, it has to come to pacbell park sometime before barry retires!

I believe the font on the jerseys were on the White Sox jerseys several decades ago, although I can't remeber which decade(s).

Well, the font dates back to 1902, which they wore through 1916.  They brought the style back in 1976, although they were a little different:  worn not tucked in, and they had the fake collar look.  Those lasted through 1981.

I always had a soft spot for those from the 70's, since they're the earliest Sox uniforms I have memories of...

--Eriq.

SharkHatesBrown Posted on July 07 2003,01:33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one of the things that is most enjoyable about the MLB all star game is all the different uniforms. especially the past two times an NL park was the host, you can really see how the Giants cream clashes with all the other white uniforms!

as far as future all star games go, it has to come to pacbell park sometime before barry retires!

I agree! It has to go to Pac Bell. It would be an excellent sight for an All-Star Game. I was there once a couple of years ago and it's an amazing ballpark. Much better than SkyDome. that's for sure!

Imagine the crowd of boats in McCovey's Cove during the Home Run Derby!! :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived