Carolina Panthers Tweak

ShaftDu

you know, I always thought the Panthers could field the most varity in their unis. Yet they only have 3 different types. So I notice that the Panthers' unis were updated on this website. I decided to act as equipment manager and mix it up. Yes, I am noobie to all this and I hope I didn't offend anyone by doing this. I just felt that the Panthers is one of those teams that could change their look without getting new unis.

normal_blackpanther.jpg

i actually like the white pants with the black top

normal_blacksocks.jpg

in away unis, the socks should match the numbers IMHO. this change to black socks, I actually really like.

bluepanther.jpg

nice ALTS, better with the white you think?

normal_bluesocks.jpg

black socks were better, these are too much Lions.

silverpants.jpg

I think Al Davis would sue. You know the Panthers actually had this set up once. I remember it was againist the Colts and it was Don Caper's last game

again I hope i didn't offend anyone. I am a fan of varity. I think more teams if they could should do it.

Not bad, although they look very similar to what Carolina already wears. You're just alternating pants and socks.

Try mixing in white helmets, or some blue or black pants. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

If a team has light-color (silver, gold, yellow) helmets, they shouldn't have white pants. (See Packers, Saints, Raiders, etc.) Even the 49ers came to their senses in 97 or 98 and went back to gold pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If a team has light-color (silver, gold, yellow) helmets, they shouldn't have white pants. (See Packers, Saints, Raiders, etc.) Even the 49ers came to their senses in 97 or 98 and went back to gold pants.

Agreed. Helmets should match the pants whenever the helmets are light-colored.

Agreed. Helmets should match the pants whenever the helmets are light-colored.

I think that should also apply to teams like the Bengals and Browns, and maybe the Bills too.

I hate the Panthers white pants, they should have black pants with the white jerseys.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I hate the Panthers white pants, they should have black pants with the white jerseys.

If the Panthers broke out black pants, then they should be as close to the silver and white pants as possible. As a Saints fan speaking from experience (of course, it was destined to be screwed up because it's the Saints), their black pants of 1999 (black with yellow side stripe) and 2001 and '02 (solid black) looked terrible. Even the mid-'70s/early-to-mid-'80s black pants weren't that great.

I agree with the others who said the helmets and pant colors should match when a team has a light-colored helmet. Of course, the Saints can't even get that right with their myriad of different-colored golds. Sheesh...

Archived