Sydney Swans

goalieboy82

It just seems weird to me to do that. It'd be like Man U wearing the Newton Heath logo on the sleeve. But then Aussie rules doesn't have about 5 different uni's to choose from like every team in the EPL or NFL.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It just seems weird to me to do that. It'd be like Man U wearing the Newton Heath logo on the sleeve. But then Aussie rules doesn't have about 5 different uni's to choose from like every team in the EPL or NFL.

Nah it's a bit different to that... South Melbourne were around for over 100 years before they moved, and it was relatively recent (20 years) that it happened. So the wounds are still fresh in the minds of a lot of South supporters... it probably won't appear on their guernsey in another 80 years, although I wouldn't be surprised if it did. History seems to play a massive role in what appears on a guernsey... just ask Collingwood and Essendon!

History seems to play a massive role in what appears on a guernsey... just ask Collingwood and Essendon!

was there any out cry when Collingwood added the away jersey with the magpie on it?

so long and thanks for all the fish.

History seems to play a massive role in what appears on a guernsey... just ask Collingwood and Essendon!

was there any out cry when Collingwood added the away jersey with the magpie on it?

No there wasn't.

The guy who is the president of Collingwood is one of the TV hosts.

Kind of like George Steinbrenner having his own baseball show, though Eddie Maguire is a bit MORE self promoting than Steinbrenner.

He gets to howl down anyone who makes negative noises about his club whenever he likes.

In another strange twist, here's Collingwood's 2005 Home & Away strips:

Collingwood-2005.gif HOME

Collingwood-2005-Away.gif AWAY

Huge difference huh? Why would you bother?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

In another strange twist, here's Collingwood's 2005 Home & Away strips:

Collingwood-2005.gif HOME

Collingwood-2005-Away.gif AWAY

Huge difference huh? Why would you bother?

I guess they earn more money by having two advertisers, each with one large ad on the back and one small ad on the chest than they would if just one advertiser had the large ad and the other had the small one.

Eddie McGuire really frustrates me.

Sports coverage is really loopy at the moment.

Nine is getting challenged for the NRL contract with Seven (can you imagine hosts other than Fatty, Sterlo, Vossy, Rabs, Matty Johns, Chief?), Seven lost the AFL contract to Nine *and* Ten (I don't like that sharing the coverage nonsense).

I really think that they messed up with their implementation of digital TV. I really think that they should have simplified things so it was more like Pay-TV. Have 2 Sports channels (funded equally by Ten, Nine and Seven) with ONLY sport (with all the digital enhancements). Each channel should have built up at *least* two channels each (I know, I know, the commercial channels aren't allowed); for instance Ten should be using one of their digital bands for the live feed from Big Brother.

I just think it was a wasted opportunity.

I really think that a sports channel would work (sort of like an Aussie ESPN) - bring in the Seven SportsCentre folks, the Sports Tonight guys and the Wide World of Sports guys (each channel contributes).

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

If they can't afford to pay for the rights to the current league, there's no way known they would be able to afford their own league.

TV rights are (I think) $150mil for this round... the AFL itself is worth about 10 times that amount.

yeah its a lot of money... good point..... maybe they ca nget Collingowod out of the real league to join the pansy Nine league!

I have a question, does the AFL mean more to Australia than NFL means to the US? i think it would be the same

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived