EA NCAA 2006 football coverboy is...

Joshawaggie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe it!!!!! They have Miami's number font right!!! After years of seeing Miami play with Denver Broncos' numbers, it looks like EA finally fixed it!!!!

Yes I'm a nerd :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I can't believe it!!!!! They have Miami's number font right!!! After years of seeing Miami play with Denver Broncos' numbers, it looks like EA finally fixed it!!!!

I wonder if they finally got BC's numbers correct. They end up using some weird version of Univers Condensed, instead of the custom lettering used by BC in virtually all sports.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I can't believe it!!!!! They have Miami's number font right!!!  After years of seeing Miami play with Denver Broncos' numbers, it looks like EA finally fixed it!!!! 

I wonder if they finally got BC's numbers correct. They end up using some weird version of Univers Condensed, instead of the custom lettering used by BC in virtually all sports.

I think they have it close to perfect this year. I saw a screenshot for BC and thought "wow, those numbers aren't half bad". I'll try to find it for you jp.

Did they get rid of the stadium loudness meter?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Did they get rid of the stadium loudness meter?

It's still in according to one of the clips. The largest clip showed a Miami drive that was being affected by the loudness meter.

Or you can really piss your friends off by using one of those canned horns. Every time he touches the controller you push the button. When he complains just be like THIS IS MY HOME...SO HERE'S MY ADVANTAGE BIOTCH!!!!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

It's nice that they're finally including Miami's and BC's numbers, but to me the only way that really mattters is if I can use them in the Uniform Creation tool. Come on, EA, give me more than 5 styles of uni to work with here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not all is well in the accuracy dept., though?

I saw some more screen shots, and they put the Titans numbers on Georgia Tech.

They've done that the last few years, too. I'd say EA screws up 85-90% of team fonts in the college game.

Hell, remember last year, they didn't want to spend the time doing the Bengals font for Madden, so they just slapped the Broncos font on there. They really are just beyond lazy when it comes to stuff like this. NFL 2k5 had everything right, including the name-plate fonts.

Archived