Brewers break out the throwbacks

Sec19Row53

The Pirates jerseys are also wrong (although you can't tell in these pictures).  The actual jersey had numbers on the front where these jerseys do not.

On the subject of retro uniforms: it seems that the quality of the job depends on who does the job.

In 2001, the Orioles had a '70s nite promotion, where they wore APPROXIMATIONS of their orange alternate jersey and pants by Mitchell & Ness. EVERYBODY wound up in giant sized jerseys and super baggy pants...it seems M&N can't tell the difference between the '70s and '50s. I'm surprised they didn't make the jerseys in FLANNEL...also the trim on the Orioles pants was wrong.

This year, the O's and Phillies celebrated the 1983 World Series by wearing throwback unis made by Majestic. This years versions fit properly, and except for the front #s on the O's jerseys being too small, were pretty true to the originals.

Don't take the above comment to mean I have favorable feelings towards Majestic, because I don't. The "Orioles" script on their jerseys since Majestic took over in 2000 look like they were cut and sewn by blind people, and no longer have velcro closures or year tagging. I really believe the MLB contract should have gone back to Rawlings, who consistently make the best quality unis around. (Sorry for the digression!)

On the subject of TBTC, I wish the CBC would go back to the theme songs and intros they used back in 1996.  I loved that more...thankfully the SRC still uses them.  I do wish they went back to the on-screen graphics they used in 2000, the with red block in the corner, but I can live with the ones they use now.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived