Welcome home Mo!

fam21.gif

That is very good news. I didn't hate on O'Brien as much as others did, because he gave the young guys minutes, except for Green. But I understand and agree with the criticism of his lack of defensive development, odd sub pattern, and constantly messing with the line-up and player rotation. Plus with Webber's growing frustration and Daly's pending free agency this was the best move for the team.

This was such an odd year. They won 43 games, more than last year, made the playoffs, which they didn't do last year, and yet the whole season felt like a disaster. It felt like we only won 20 games or something. Much more negative vibes than positive. So again, its best that O'Brien is gone.

But this makes 4 coaches now since LB left and Billy King better get this one right or he has to go. They better give Cheeks atleast 3 years to stablize this team before its too late and all the young talent and potential is wasted.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

classy move by the Sixers front office <_<

JOB takes them from a lottery team to above .500 (and not even the lowest seed in the East, not that that's overly important) in one year, and still gets no love. I know Cheeks is a local guy, but this isn't fair treatment for a coach with a great track record. He'll find another job very, very soon

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

That's surprising. O'Brien was very well respected in Boston. I was shocked when he resigned from the Celtics, but all the players Ainge was bringing in did not play the style that O'Brien likes to coach. He is more defensive minded than offense, but Ainge was trying to make Boston a "run-&-gun" team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

classy move by the Sixers front office <_<

JOB takes them from a lottery team to above .500 (and not even the lowest seed in the East, not that that's overly important) in one year, and still gets no love. I know Cheeks is a local guy, but this isn't fair treatment for a coach with a great track record. He'll find another job very, very soon

It's easy to criticize from afar. If you lived here and heard this guy every day, you probably wouldn't be able to stand him either. Besides that, he stunted some players development, couldn't stand up to AI, and was just an arrogant jerk that the players, fans, media, and even front office didn't want to be around.

The ironic thing is that he was a Philly guy from St. Joes making his triumphant return home to resurrect the Sixers. Here's hoping Mo can get the job done.

And, for the record, Billy King has no real business even being in his position. LB pretty much handed him that seat upon his exit.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It doesn't matter who coaches the Sixers. They could bring in Phil Jackson and they wouldn't win a title with Iverson there.

You are probably right.

This next season should be their best shot. If it don't happen, it won't ever.

That's surprising. O'Brien was very well respected in Boston. I was shocked when he resigned from the Celtics, but all the players Ainge was bringing in did not play the style that O'Brien likes to coach. He is more defensive minded than offense, but Ainge was trying to make Boston a "run-&-gun" team.

Defensive minded? Did you see the Sixers D this year??

He was trying to be defensive minded with the Celtics. Of course, I think he felt that the team would be shooting 3's all game, but if they missed most of them, the defense would keep them in the game.

I didn't follow much of what he was doing in Philly. I hardly followed the NBA at all this season, I fall asleep watching it on TV. I'd much rather watch NCAA basketball.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived