pcgd

Illustrator Help

Is there a way I can type in the angle I want between two points? Normally, between two points, you have to drag those horizontal lines and move them precisely to get the curve/angle you want. Isn't there a way I just say I want a curve between the two points at X degrees?

is there a secret to getting lettering to evenly and neatly diagonal on the front of a jersey, a la NY Rangers?  I try it by hand and it never ever looks right.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:07 PM, UniformJipetto said:

is there a secret to getting lettering to evenly and neatly diagonal on the front of a jersey, a la NY Rangers?  I try it by hand and it never ever looks right.

set text.  select and use the object>transform>shear settings (shear angle -30deg, vertical, 90deg angle, check the preview.  may take a few times to get the angle you want.  and it's not a "live effect" so if you're not happy you'll have to go back and redo. play w a few times.  the shear transform will distort the text, but it is editable so you can adjust horizontal scale (100% letter width, expand, or condensed text) and play w spacing til you get it the way you want.  might be easier to set text after playing w settings, then apply the shear settings you like.

nice work on the dribble page!

On 8/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, Quillz said:

Is there a way I can type in the angle I want between two points? Normally, between two points, you have to drag those horizontal lines and move them precisely to get the curve/angle you want. Isn't there a way I just say I want a curve between the two points at X degrees?

not w illustrator.  sign software like flexisign or gerber omega has distort features like this, but not illy.  you can set text and apply a warp>arc (or arch depending on the effect you're after) and adjust settings.  both will distort your type a little so may need to readjust if it looks too wonky.

another way to approach is draw the curve you want and use the 'type on a path' tool (click drag the T toolbar icon to fly out options).  once type is set you can use bezier curve handles to tweak the curve/angle you're wanting.

2 hours ago, pagan696 said:

set text.  select and use the object>transform>shear settings (shear angle -30deg, vertical, 90deg angle, check the preview.  may take a few times to get the angle you want.  and it's not a "live effect" so if you're not happy you'll have to go back and redo. play w a few times.  the shear transform will distort the text, but it is editable so you can adjust horizontal scale (100% letter width, expand, or condensed text) and play w spacing til you get it the way you want.  might be easier to set text after playing w settings, then apply the shear settings you like.

nice work on the dribble page!

Thanks! I'll give it a shot