Expos to park in puerto rico

yh

First off, I'd like to say hi to all, with my first post on the board.  Second, they'll make money in San Juan by putting 18,000 in the seats, as opposed to 5,000 in Montreal.  Third, I'd go with just Expos, but you're right about the "M" hat not maknig any sense.  Anyway, just my $.02

Moose

They could just do the opposite of what I've always suggested and go with "EXPOS!" or "EXPO!"

OT: Would whoever is implanting these embedded media files into these threads please get rid of them? They're causing errors on my computer every time I load this page.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

OT: Would whoever is implanting these embedded media files into these threads please get rid of them? They're causing errors on my computer every time I load this page.

lets not mention any names...coughSHBcough

Why do they even need to play home games?

Well, it's not "screwing up" my computer, it's just giving me a popup "media player could not be found" everytime I view one of the pages or even reload to reply to it.

Okay, I think it should be kept on those national holidays and anthem pages, but this page never warrented it.

champssig2.png

Well, for some reason, my computer doesn't play MIDI files.  And if they did, I'd probably be annoyed having to listen to the same song over and over and over again as I view, reply, reload and read replies to same thread several times.  I accept you doing it for the threads honoring nations and their holidays, it's a good worthy touch, but this thread didn't warrant it.

champssig2.png

Why do they even need to play home games?

They need to play home games because it would be a competitive disadvantage to force a team to play 162 games on the road. And as we've seen from this year's ASG buildup, MLB believes very strongly that there is such a thing as home field advantage. Also, and I'm speculating here, I would think that either the MLB bylaws and/or MLB's present contract with the Players' Union probably mandates that each team schedule a minimum number of "home" games for purposes of maintaining the players' quality of home life during the season. (Although the team families would have to relocate to San Juan for a year, at least it's a fixed location for the time being) MLB probably had to get permission from either the union or the Expo players themselves before it scheduled so many games in PR and probably waived their own rule in the interest of "preserving the viability of the franchise" or some other concoction.

Archived