New Syracuse Football Jerseys Today

Waffles

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling we will be seeing the "SYRACUSE" basketball script below the collar

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

No pics yet, but I did find this morsel:

The sweeping changes on the SU hill continue with the unveiling of new uniforms for the Syracuse University football team.

It's all part of new athletic director Daryl Gross' plan to erase the team's recent history of mediocrity. The biggest change is the addition of uniform numbers on both sides on the helmet, which will remain orange.

Overall, there will be four different combinations between white and blue tops...with white and orange pants. Gross says he wants the uniforms to capture SU?s rich football history.

SU will debut the new uniforms Sunday, September 4th against West Virginia in the dome. Kick off is 1:30 pm and you will be able to see the game on NewsChannel 9.

http://www.wixt.com/news/local/story.aspx?...C5-520C50710518

The first article also mentioned the names will be removed from the jerseys. It also said 2 white jerseys, 2 blue ones. I couldn't tell if there was any difference.

From the pictures shown (which seemed to follow the article's description) the 3-D numbers on the jerseys are gone, replaced with simple block numbers with an outline.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

if you watch the video, the guy speaking actually says "this could be a home or away jersey, i don't really know".

i'm not sure how i feel about them. i like the white jersey and white pants look and i like the numbers on the helmet. it's all very old school. i really don't like the blue jerseys with white pants. it doesn't even look like syracuse.

I like the new set. Not some crazy design but a clean, look. I just think they could have kept sleeve stripes and moved the numbers to the shoulder or they could have rolled out an orange jersey to match the white pants.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, that is a little old school.

I'm not the biggest fan of them but like always, I'll learn to love the jereys of my alma.

Waffles, was this a D. Gross undertaking or was this in the works even if Jake and Paul were still on the hill??

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Yeah, that is a little old school.

I'm not the biggest fan of them but like always, I'll learn to love the jereys of my alma.

Waffles, was this a D. Gross undertaking or was this in the works even if Jake and Paul were still on the hill??

The change itself was all Nike's doing (as were the other components, the name and other uni changes).

Jake had mentioned it when the name change was made last summer.

wow, I said old school before I watched the video and the player says it like ten times. me dumb. I like the numbers on the helmet, although the Crimson Tide have obviously been keeping that tradition alive for decades. They seem alright, but it looked like they were going with two different colors of blue on the orange pants and that effect didn't really work.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Archived