New Syracuse Football Jerseys Today

Waffles

I actually really like these as a college football uniforms. College jerseys are meant to be nice and classy, pro jerseys can be a little more edgy IMO.

But some college jerseys can be more edgy and sleek. I think a dome team, like cuse, which is usually built on speed should look more sleek. Now they look like a big 10 team.

But at least they stand out in the big10 now. BTW- i love the helmets (minus facemasks) and the orange numbers on the blue jersey.

signature.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...very meh.

Why in this day of football jerseys cuts, would you go to shoulder stripes unless you had a new cut (isn't this Nike's specialty?) to make the stripes go all the way down?

I think those stripes might be as wide as they are tall...

And I don't like the white pants, should just stick to orange pants. And the orange pants should have white outlines around the blue stripe.

And if they're gonna put the number on the helmet, it should be white, or white with a blue outline, or blue with a white outline. Not solid blue.

And the grey facemask looks horrible. A team like the NY Giants...grey works because it's one of their colors. A team like the Indy Colts...grey doesn't work because it's not one of their colors, but it doesn't look horrible. Syracuse...it sucks because it's not one of their colors and it looks horrible. Man...

I'm on the fence whether I think the numbers oughta be white with an orange outline or blue with a white outline.

Also, I wish the numbers were the style of their basketball uniforms. I actually like those numbers with an outline.

Oh well...

Now that I've had some time to marinate on it and get used to it.

I really like 'em. Maybe I'm so enamored of the sentimental reasons behind parts of it that I'm overlooking its flaws, but I can't wait to see the team run out on that brand new FieldTurf in these jerseys with an actually full Carrier Dome on opening day.

I don't hate gray facemasks as much as everyone else seems to, and I like them more than blue on these helmets. And anything is better than what we've been wearing for the past two years.

One grievance I do have is that it's completely inconsistent with their branding for their other teams. The lacrosse and basketball teams have both changed their jerseys in favor of very similar-looking designs, but these look absolutely nothing like either of them.

Overall, an improvement. I'm unusually pleased with Nike on this one.

ew, not too pretty in my eyes, and i get a definite UTEP vibe from them. I dont like this throwback trend all that much, but I guess it beats the Falcons shoulder monstrosity trend!

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

I can live with everything except:

1. Grey Facemask. I HATE the movement back to grey facemasks. It has RUINED the colts helmet and the AZ cards wasted an opportuntity.

2. Numbers on the helmet. yuck. Leave 'em blank or put a logo on 'em. Numbers should not be on the helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thank goodness they found a good action shot of Fred Mautino to display the uniforms from 1952-66. Clearly he was the most noteworthy Syracuse football player from that era. :rolleyes:

Hilarious.

What's with the orange pants, by the way, and the thick blue stripe? Why not go with an orange, or white, stripe down the middle???

I wish I had more hands so I could give that four thumbs down. Basically an LSU ripoff in Syracuse colors, gray facemask because that shows we're down with 1964 (and where is gray in their scheme may I ask?), numbers on the helmet (yeah, that's really cool and retro :mad: ), nevermind. I'm done talking about them. Good thing they never are on TV to give anyone else any horrid ideas.

KISSwall09.jpg

I wish I had more hands so I could give that four thumbs down.

LOL. Milk's gone bad, b!tches!

I'm glad you noticed where that came from :D

KISSwall09.jpg

2. Numbers on the helmet. yuck. Leave 'em blank or put a logo on 'em. Numbers should not be on the helmet.

I beg your pardon. The classiest uniform helmet in college football history has number on it. ALABAMA.

Personally I like the new look fo the 'Cuse. LSU-type stripes on the shoulders and numbers on the Helmet. The gray facemasks are okay but at least they aren't orange like the helmet.

16.jpg

2qluyo7.png

I like 'em. They may have over-retroed with the gray facemasks and taking the white stripes off the helmet, but not so bad.

If it looks like UTEP, could it be because they have the same school colors? At least Nike had the sense not to screw with the school colors like the did with some schools (I am looking at you, Duke Blue (And Now, Black) Devils... :evil: ). Of course, it could be worse, and they could have gone all the way back to SU's original school colors, pale blue and pink.

Check it out, ye non-believers:

About Syracuse University: WHY ORANGE?

I like the helmet numerals. And for everybody carping about how they are ripping off Alabama, Alabama didn't invent it, and for years they were far from the only ones using numbers on their helmets. Browse The Helmet Project on your own and see for yourselves - among ACC teams alone, Duke, Maryland, Miami and Wake Forest have all done it - Wake as recently as '92.

Same goes for the "LSU striping". For one, LSU's sleeves have stripes above the sleeve numerals and on the hem of the sleeve. SU's don't, as far as I can see. And how many other teams, college and pro, have shoulder stripes?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

2.  Numbers on the helmet.  yuck.  Leave 'em blank or put a logo on 'em.  Numbers should not be on the helmet.

I beg your pardon. The classiest uniform helmet in college football history has number on it. ALABAMA.

Personally I like the new look fo the 'Cuse. LSU-type stripes on the shoulders and numbers on the Helmet. The gray facemasks are okay but at least they aren't orange like the helmet.

16.jpg

I happen to HATE Alabama's numbers. I like everything else about their football unis, but not the helmet numbers.

Just a look I don't like.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Eh, I love everything about the Alabama unis. It's up there with the Raiders, Yanks, and other traditional teams as something you could never see changed.

Archived