New Syracuse Football Jerseys Today

Waffles

I can't stand the numbers on the helmets, especially the blue on the orange, its hard to read which defeats the purpose of putting the numbers on the helmet. If you are going to put something on the helmet why not put that "SU" mark they just paid nike all that money to develop so that when you are on national tv people will know who you are. Also, Syaracuse made this big deal about being "the orange" so where are the orange jerseys?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RobinsonGroupMAINDSC_0024web3.jpg

I wasn't too high on the blue jerseys until I saw them with the white pants.

I gotta say, just like with the name/logo change...I wasn't sold at first, but I'm crazy about it now. Although I would be interested to see an orange alt...

The only aspect I really don't like is the move back to a grey facemask. The blue looked really good with the orange helmets and would have also been a nice complement to go along with the blue helmet numbers.

Could've been worse, but I just don't think old school when I think of Syracuse. These uni's don't really go well with their other new marks, or bball uni's. By themselves, they're nice, but as part of the whole package, I think they missed the mark a bit.

They kind of remind me of those va tech throwbacks from a couple seasons ago.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

?We designed the uniforms to respect the past and represent the future."

geez, where I have I heard that before. Oh, yeh the BYU press conference, the USC press conference, the Georgia press conference and pretty much every old school throwback Nike has done since the NY Giants. They've been throwing that mantra around since 1997,

give it a rest already.

When I see this photo....

syracusenewjersey0fn.jpg

I can't help but think of the "Name that caption" game we play.

The words of #1:

"Coach, I'm supoose to PLAY in this? My legs look tiny in therse white pants."

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

syracusenewjersey0fn.jpg

Why does the first guy in the white have only one sock on? Who is he, LL Cool J???

Anyways, these are meh. Their last jerseys were meh and so are these. My real issue is with the number on the helmet. Blue-on-orange makes it look blurry. So yeah, I give it a grade of MEH.

syracusenewjersey0fn.jpg

Why does the first guy in the white have only one sock on? Who is he, LL Cool J???

Anyways, these are meh. Their last jerseys were meh and so are these. My real issue is with the number on the helmet. Blue-on-orange makes it look blurry. So yeah, I give it a grade of MEH.

They remind me of UTEP. Should've stayed with the white numbers on the navy jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

syracusenewjersey0fn.jpg

That's a prosthetic leg, you insensitive clod!

Eh, just kidding. I have no idea why he's only got one sock, unless he's a barefoot punter or something.

The first article also mentioned the names will be removed from the jerseys. It also said 2 white jerseys, 2 blue ones. I couldn't tell if there was any difference.

That first newsstory is mistaken, there are only two jersey and two sets of pants, but they can be worn in 4 different configurations.

Thank goodness they found a good action shot of Fred Mautino to display the uniforms from 1952-66. Clearly he was the most noteworthy Syracuse football player from that era. :rolleyes:

Archived