Nats Logo at RFK

Galwegian

Maybe someone could help me figure this out-

At RFK, there's a huge Nats logo beyond the wall in, I think, centerfield. It's basically a copy of the "DC" sleeve patch. Anyway, every time I've seen it, it looks like there's this weird orange tape over it, as if it was shattered and hastily taped back together. First I thought I just had a weird angle on it but it's there every time I see the logo it. Anyone have any idea what it is? I can't find a picture, unfortunately. Thanks.

Ha, now that I look at it, it seems so obvious. I feel stupid. I guess it was the orange that threw me, since it's not in team colors. The clock makes a lot more sense being there when the stadium is configured for soccer vs. for baseball, just because it's near actual seats. When it's set up for baseball, it looks like they just hung it there to take up space. Thanks for the help.

MVP Baseball 05 understandably did a bad job rendering RFK. Beyond the fences in the game, it's just empty space, when in real life it seems like most of the space is blocked off.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

yea i see it wow its been there that long or was that a different stadium

Same stadium. Here's another pic:

senator3.jpg

Kudos to anyone who can name the player in that photo.

That clock has been there for ever. When the Senators played, it was sponsored by the Longines watch company. Then it was the DC Lottery before it became the soccer ball.

As for the player, I'm going Tim Cullen because it sure ain't Eddie Brinkman.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

yea i see it wow its been there that long or was that a different stadium

Same stadium. Here's another pic:

senator3.jpg

Kudos to anyone who can name the player in that photo.

That clock has been there for ever. When the Senators played, it was sponsored by the Longines watch company. Then it was the DC Lottery before it became the soccer ball.

As for the player, I'm going Tim Cullen because it sure ain't Eddie Brinkman.

I'm not 100% positive either way. I thought Brinkman because I remember he used to choke way up on the bat like that. OTOH Cullen had sideburns like that and I don't remember Brinkman having them (he did National Guard duty while still on the active Nats roster). It's not Ken McMullen because McMullen had a noticeable cleft in his chin.

I'll confirm one way or another.

tzch6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived