Another mlb concept for portland

Moser316

I originally did these a couple months ago as a relocation concept for the Oakland A's, but I haven't gotten around to showing them off until now. New nickname:  the Portland Lumberjacks.  The forest green stays in the concept as the main color, but the gold is now changed to "Timber" and red is added to the color scheme...

Home Uniforms

JacksHomeUniformPreview.gif

Away Uniforms

JacksAwayUniformPreview.gif

Alternate Home Uniforms

JacksHomeAltUniformPreview.gif

Alternate Away Uniforms

JacksAwayAltUniformPreview.gif

Logo Sheet

JacksLogoSheet.gif

QPR%20Sig.png

Nice logos and color scheme - i also like the nickname (good pun on "lumber" = "bat")

My only critiques are: the boring font and the hat - I'm not inclined toward two-color caps (but that's just me)

Otherwise, I think it's a great concept for a team!

Moser316

Very impressive, I too noticed this,

Nice logos and color scheme - i also like the nickname (good pun on "lumber" = "bat")

You did a good job on the red & green color scheme, often I've seen these colors used poorly and it looks like a X-mas card.   Great Work! :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I likes it... very nice uses of colours and the logos are really well done... id gladly walk around wearing a 'jacks hat... well if it was give to me as a gift anyway...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I really like these.  Don't change the home hat, it looks good as is.  I really like the axes and trees logos.  Those are super swank.  The font used on the hats is a tad standard font and not too daring, but I still like the overall look.

My favorite name for a team in Oregon is the Beavers.  The name goes well with the state, and the state uses beavers a lot on seals, and even the flag.  The minor league team in Portland is the beavers and they uses red(I think) and black.  Those are the colors I see in almost all Portland teams.  While the squinting beaver logo is minor league, the uniforms, wordmarks, and all that are MLB quality.

Here I come to save the day, or rain on your parade, whichever way you look at it! :;):

The axe looks like a fire-axe, as opposed to a forester's axe. A silver blade would fix this problem.

Ninerfan, I don't think anyone could've beaten the Oregon Thunder logo (I think whchoclte made it).

...and I don't think there is a pun on the word lumber. If the team was just the Portland Lumber, than I could see it, but lumberjacks? There's been other sports teams called the Lumberjacks, it's too common to think they picked it because a baseball bat can be referred to as 'lumber'.

Having said all this, I think this is a very cool concept. The wordmark, jersey script, etc, is solid. The colour scheme is nice, the logo is static, but that's okay sometimes too. Well done. My 2 cents.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Nice concept.

I'd like to see a couple of things:

1.) Increase the size of the name on the jerseys. As it stands, it looks a bit too small to me.

2.) Use pro-stlye numbers. This whole wacky number thing is getting way out of hand

Keep up the good work! :)

Now I like these uniforms. Portland is very hungry to land an MLB team. Over in the forums of the oregon stadium campaign website, uniforms and logos are constantly discussed. I think that the posters on that site would be highly appreciative of all of your hardwork. They have some great nickname ideas (that relate to the area), and I think have promise. I live in Portland and post on their board occasionally.

Archived