Orlando Sharks

irondudez

It certainly is much improved from before. Great work.

What is the white/grey underneath and behind the pectoral fins? I don't think that part is necessary.

Also, the face (mouth/eyes) looks super stylized like the painting on the nose cone of a plane.

It doesn't look bad at all, just wondered if you were going for that on purpose or more naturalistic. Sharks reall dont have much in the way of white space showing on their eyes. I mean, its there and all, but not really visible.

I think you did a pretty good job integrating the logo and wordmark for a "primary" application. The text is a little small, but pretty good overrall.

Is this for fantasy? Have we covered that already?

If you're looking to REALLY put this one over and integrate the text more.....consider this. Your shark is currently arched. That movement is really not a shark-type movement at all. Thats more for whales, dolphins, and other mammals that undulate their tales vertically for propulsion. Sharks move almost entirely side to side. You could undo that and make the tail wrap around behind the wording.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I love the secondary fin by itself.

I agree with sterling about the movement of the shark, it looks like he's jumping through a hoop, if you know what I mean. I like the stylized nose and head, but don't quite get where the highlights and shading are coming from. It looks raised up/beveled. Maybe if you just made underneath the shark some dark shading, and kept the highlights for the top, it would give it athat kind of depth, but that's not a major concern.

Good job, and keep showing you updates.

but don't quite get where the highlights and shading are coming from. It looks raised up/beveled. Maybe if you just made underneath the shark some dark shading, and kept the highlights for the top, it would give it athat kind of depth, but that's not a major concern.

Good point. It does kind of look bevelled.

only thing is fish are pretty much always dark on top and light on the bottom. So preds dont see them.

Thats why I didnt know if the white was belly color, or motion line or what.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

irondude - this logo is really progressing well...much better than the first - i'm loving the way you've incorporated the dorsal fin and the wordmark (although i'm still not a huge fan of the font...the "k" is particularly a little blocky for me) - i'm with sterling on the arching issue, but i disagree with lbnc on the shading...what you have looks good and reproduces the "counter-shading" characteristic of sharks - i agree that you should lose the white and grey behind the pectoral fin, as well - the mouth ends oddly...i think your original version (if memory serves me) had the mouth better - your secondary is PERFECT - don't change a thing about it! - not feeling the monogram "OS" quite as much as everything else

jldesigns404eo.png

Echoing everyone else's sentiments, this is vastly improved from your previous effort. I remember the old design was a bit more "cartoonish", for lack of a better word. But this is really beginning to come together nicely.

the new tail, while more anatomically correct, lacks the character of the previous "notched" tail - go back to the original tail and thin out the line on the mouth and you can stop...cause this will be perfect!

jldesigns404eo.png

I think you finally have a winner. I'm glad you moved the wordmarks over the logo since the shark curves down.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

You need to make the "O" a different color. There's too much teal going on.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived