Milwaukee Bucks Recoloration

Chief.

words

What do you want for the shorts? As well as the logos, numbers and writting on the jerseys? Just asking. I personall like the silver. But thats me. Keep going it looks sweet.

I haven't really even messed or thought about the shorts yet. As for the wordmark and numbers, I'll probably try and find something similar to their current wordmark but updated a bit. Kinda like what the kings and suns did with theirs. For the logo I'll probably end up using their current or a modified version recolored because I have no experience making logo's and the times I've tried haven't been pretty.

Gold looks better than silver, I think.

So (I'll write quickly to avoid the stuff about to be thrown at me from the alt-haters) you could do a white home, gold home alt, green road and red road alt.

Or you could substitute the gold with that lime green, and then you could have, yes, lime green home alts. But I'm not sure the world is ready for that, although Hawaii and Notre Dame did have lime green home unis once upon a time.

I like the gold alt idea (because they could wear it at home and on the road (if the nba let them, not sure)) and if I can get it looking good I'd definetly use it, but that may be tough so I'll probably do a red one too and just see what people like. I think lime green uni's may be a little hot for today's NBA trends.

Untitled-1.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a thought for the logo - A natural (fawn) color buck - maybe looking a little fiercer - with the triangle behind him shaded in the various greens of the side stripe of the 80s uniforms. (not something I can do in MSPaint).

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Thinking it over last night i love the GOLD. Keep the Gold. Try and do what PackerBadger said about the jerseys and make a concept on what they should look like.

DrBear do you have a design made up for the logo? I like your idea you should make one up.

Great work, Phayze...

If that's supposed to be a beige/buck/tan color instead of (metallic) gold, then extra-great work. I like the two wordmarks on the left (green letters outlined in beige, red drop shadow; white numbers outlined in red, beige drop shadow) - they stand out best. I am not sure about beige jerseys - it'll look a little like shirts & skins, although I guess that depends on who's wearing it... ^_^

One tiny criticism: get rid of the serifs on the left side of the letter "C". Since the font has thick letters plus drop shadow and outlining, that "BUCKS" will look like "BUDKS" from more than a couple feet away.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Not 100% sure what you meant by serifs (new to the design scene) but I assume you meant those little "wingy" things on the top left and bottom left? I wanted to try to solve the problem this way before taking those out because I thought it might lose some "flow". I think it looks more like a C now, but all input is appreciated.

wordmark2.PNG

edit I went ahead and just updated the original picture with the fixed C and added a red one

Untitled-1.png

Yeah, I meant the "wingy" things on the left side of the "C". And I still see them on the edit picture. The serifs are great and wholly appropriate in some places - the left side of the "B" and "K", even the top left part of the "U", for example. But they're in a couple of places where it becomes design overkill, like on the "C" where I mentioned, and maye the bottom left on the "U". It compromises legibility in the name of overselling the design elements, and "BUCKS" and wind up looking like "BUDKS", or even "BVDKS", before too long.

The colors are great, and the font would be unique and would become associated with the Bucks before too long in the way that you associate certain fonts with certain teams (49ers, TB Bucs). Just don't lose the underlying goal - identification of team and/or player - in the quest for style.

And those are my only suggestions. For someone new to this, you've got talent and some great ideas - I'd like to see what happens when you get some experience!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The colors are great, and the font would be unique and would become associated with the Bucks before too long in the way that you associate certain fonts with certain teams (49ers, TB Bucs).  Just don't lose the underlying goal - identification of team and/or player - in the quest for style.

I think it has promise, but when I look at that font I immediately think of East Carolina, or the "Pirate Keg" font, so I am not sure I would associate it with the Bucks, even over time.

image5.gif

However, if you took some of the suggestions laid out and made it its own unique font, then I think you may have something there. Keep at it :)

wow those unis look a lot better than what their wearing now. i like that alot. good work that whole package is done very well

one suggestion though- i think the red alt would look better with the side stripe being green instead of black

Wow, that's good stuff.

My only suggestions are ultra-ultra-minor.

1. HOME SHORTS: In case you weren't aware, all the other shorts have the uniform number on one hip (nice carry-over from the current set) and either the primary or the alt logo on the other hip. The home shorts have the alt on one hip and the primary on the other. Looks unbalanced.

2. HOME JERSEYS: Moreso than the road or alt sets, the use of that beige color makes the home sets look very much like the Seattle SuperSonics' set from the last time they made the Finals. (Maybe it's my monitor.) Maybe taking the beige off the numbers would put more emphasis on the red and green. The colors look great ont he other 2 sets, and I may even advocate breaking with tradition and going with the red alts as the primary road uniforms. They look really sharp, and unlike anything in the NBA presently.

Great job, again...

2007nleastchamps.png

So (I'll write quickly to avoid the stuff about to be thrown at me from the alt-haters) you could do a white home, gold home alt, green road and red road alt.

Or you could substitute the gold with that lime green, and then you could have, yes, lime green home alts. But I'm not sure the world is ready for that, although Hawaii and Notre Dame did have lime green home unis once upon a time.

pretty sure UH never wore lime green, and I know damn well my Irish have never worn lime-you may be thinking about the kelly green unis, a la the old Eagles.

anyways, that color scheme's hot (and this is considering I'd be happy if they just made green the primary color and changed nothinge else). I know one thing, a lime green alt would be cool. I'd go one step further: a triple-green barberpole B)

BucksBarberpole2.gif

version in current colors

and some older concepts

barberpoles/solid color, lime green road

similar to above with throwback-style alt

similar to above, lime green alt

notably different version

slightly different version of above, multi-stripe alt

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

pretty sure UH never wore lime green, and I know damn well my Irish have never worn lime-you may be thinking about the kelly green unis, a la the old Eagles.

anyways, that color scheme's hot (and this is considering I'd be happy if they just made green the primary color and changed nothinge else). I know one thing, a lime green alt would be cool. I'd go one step further: a triple-green barberpole B)

BucksBarberpole2.gif

version in current colors

and some older concepts

barberpoles/solid color, lime green road

similar to above with throwback-style alt

similar to above, lime green alt

notably different version

slightly different version of above, multi-stripe alt

OH MY GOD! The BUCKS just turned into Slimer from the Ghostbusters. What the heck is going on with these.

Hawaii wore a lime-green basketball jersey for a Monday night home game on ESPN at least once a few seasons ago. And I distinctly remember seeing a picture in Sports Illustrated of a Notre Dame basketball jersey for a home game during a big favorite -- Syracuse, I think -- during one of Digger Phelps' last seasons.

Packers-2.png

Archived