New U.S. women's soccer jerseys

totc

Check out the number placement on the U.S. jersey.

ussoccerstore_1851_6027751.gif

Kind of reminds me of the old days of the MISL. But I find it interesting that they are trying to figure out a way to get a crest, a uniform sponsor, and a number on the front whilst leaving a large amount of room where a sponsor might go.

Hmmm. Might we see a corporate logo in that space before too long? FIH (the field hockey people) has allowed corporate sponsorship of national teams for years -- Telstra for Australia, and VISA for Argentina, for example.

Some national soccer teams already have large sponsors: Eircom for Ireland, Mercedes Benz for Germany, Antartica for Brazil, Philips for the United States. But the logos only appear on the practice jerseys or on the ad boards surrounding the pitch.

actually, the eircom sponsorship does appear on ireland's game jerseys. so far they are the only soccer national team to do so. international rugby, however, does use sponsors on game jerseys. o2 for england, the famous grouse for scotland, quantas for australia, jaguar for italy, etc. kinda interesting how that happened for rugby, but has yet to catch on in soccer.

OD_Signature.jpg

The reason fro the number so high is that immediately underneath that number is all mesh. Numbers would tend to fall apart quicker if applied to that type of mesh. Unless of course it was stiched on.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think FIFA strictly forbides sponsor logos on game jerseys. There are all sorts of regulations on the size of manufacturer's logos on everything from the shirts to the socks (including NO logos on the compression shorts).

The space is probably due to the mesh.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The reason fro the number so high is that immediately underneath that number is all mesh. Numbers would tend to fall apart quicker if applied to that type of mesh. Unless of course it was stiched on.

You're right, of course. I didn't realize that underneath that seam was mesh. But it makes perfect sense.

actually, the eircom sponsorship does appear on ireland's game jerseys. so far they are the only soccer national team to do so. international rugby, however, does use sponsors on game jerseys. o2 for england, the famous grouse for scotland, quantas for australia, jaguar for italy, etc. kinda interesting how that happened for rugby, but has yet to catch on in soccer.

Yeah, you almost always see Eircom (and before that, "Opel") on the Irish replica jerseys but I don't think they've ever worn a sponsor in competition. I could be wrong but I try to follow them a bit and have never seen them on the field.

In a friendly they probably could. Also, I thought Mia retired to be with NOMAH! all the time?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

You can't buy an Ireland replica kit without Eircom on it afaik, but FIFA strictly forbids sponsors on team kits in official matches. Got to keep the "football family" of big dollar sponsors happy with exclusive signage etc...

liverpool-1.png

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The new uniform is on the field. Different and very futuristic number font, but it is indeed off to the side of the jersey rather than being in the center. The number is also larger than I expected.

Archived