Quentin Richardson a Knick

Starchild

Isiah knows Nazr and Dice are good backups... we don't need a backup. That's the point. And we're still solid in the backup department... any one of our big men on the bench would be fine playing alongside a definitive big man. Malik Rose, Jerome Williams, Mo Taylor... they're roleplayers, nothing more. Nazr and Dice are the same... Dice a little less, but let's be real, he's not the player he once was.

In any event, Isiah is screwed either way in terms of the media. NY is NY. It is what it is. If Isiah left the team as he inherited it NY would've called for his head immediately for not making any changes and allow the team to effectively tank to rebuild. Doesn't fly in NY. Isiah makes moves to build-on-the-fly and to lose our roleplayers and bring in some stars (Marbury, Crawford, Q) and he gets crucified, especially by idiots like Mike & the Mad Dog. They need to stick to talking about the two sports they like... baseball and football. Leave basketball alone.

The Knicks are one great player away from really contending. The problem is, that great player needs to play up front, and they're hard to come by. This offseason has some interesting free agents for the middle.... Big Z, Curry, Kwame Brown... and the possibility of packaging one of our expiring contracts and a draft pick can still appeal to some teams. Also, if none of those work... with the completion of the Q trade, the Knicks will have 2 first rounders each of the next 3 seasons I think... so young talent is certainly in the Knicks future.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Isiah knows Nazr and Dice are good backups... we don't need a backup. That's the point. And we're still solid in the backup department... any one of our big men on the bench would be fine playing alongside a definitive big man. Malik Rose, Jerome Williams, Mo Taylor... they're roleplayers, nothing more. Nazr and Dice are the same... Dice a little less, but let's be real, he's not the player he once was.

In any event, Isiah is screwed either way in terms of the media. NY is NY. It is what it is. If Isiah left the team as he inherited it NY would've called for his head immediately for not making any changes and allow the team to effectively tank to rebuild. Doesn't fly in NY. Isiah makes moves to build-on-the-fly and to lose our roleplayers and bring in some stars (Marbury, Crawford, Q) and he gets crucified, especially by idiots like Mike & the Mad Dog. They need to stick to talking about the two sports they like... baseball and football. Leave basketball alone.

The Knicks are one great player away from really contending. The problem is, that great player needs to play up front, and they're hard to come by. This offseason has some interesting free agents for the middle.... Big Z, Curry, Kwame Brown... and the possibility of packaging one of our expiring contracts and a draft pick can still appeal to some teams. Also, if none of those work... with the completion of the Q trade, the Knicks will have 2 first rounders each of the next 3 seasons I think... so young talent is certainly in the Knicks future.

The Knicks are also screwed long term by the cap :P

okay, so Q is decent player .

He's by no means A SUPERSTAR for you CAVALIER fans out

I was referring to Joe Johnson as the star 2-guard. Im fully aware Q's only an above-average player, i have an IQ :P ...but this trade means JJ is sealed up for the Suns. Q wasnt even a FA

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

looks like Nate Robinson will go with Q to the Knicks

I hope he does. As a Knicks fan, I think a lineup of Frye, Sweetney (or Rose), Richardson, Crawford, and Marbury with Nate Robinson off the bench might work. They'll be able to run, and still have an inside presence. I'm absolutely sold on Robinson though. Living in the Seattle area, I've followed him since HS, and he's gonna be a treat. It better work though. I'm losing my patience with Isaiah and Marbury.

I hope he does. As a Knicks fan, I think a lineup of Frye, Sweetney (or Rose), Richardson, Crawford, and Marbury with Nate Robinson off the bench might work. They'll be able to run, and still have an inside presence. I'm absolutely sold on Robinson though. Living in the Seattle area, I've followed him since HS, and he's gonna be a treat. It better work though. I'm losing my patience with Isaiah and Marbury.

Now when you say that linuep will work, do you mean they're playoff bound in 2006?

Doubtful. That lineup is average at best. The Knicks aren't going to conted until they can bring in a superstar with leadership skills, something that have lacked since the Ewing years. Marbury is no Jason Kidd or Steve Nash and the rest of the lineup doesn't impress me all that much either. New York needs to start from scratch because I don't see this working at all. First they gotta ditch Isiah as GM. He is just as bad as Layden was. Next, trade Marbury while he's still got some value. And finally, for once sign a big name free agent. When New York does that, then maybe they will contend in the East.

6uXNWAo.png

Now when you say that linuep will work, do you mean they're playoff bound in 2006?

Doubtful. That lineup is average at best. The Knicks aren't going to conted until they can bring in a superstar with leadership skills, something that have lacked since the Ewing years. Marbury is no Jason Kidd or Steve Nash and the rest of the lineup doesn't impress me all that much either. New York needs to start from scratch because I don't see this working at all. First they gotta ditch Isiah as GM. He is just as bad as Layden was. Next, trade Marbury while he's still got some value. And finally, for once sign a big name free agent. When New York does that, then maybe they will contend in the East.

Unfortunately, I totally agree!

That lineup is no better than the ones Washington, Orlando,and Toronto have.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

That lineup is no better than the ones Washington, Orlando,and Toronto have.

Do me a favor, and never compare the Knicks to the Raptors ever again :D

You've got to be kidding though... the Knicks are light years ahead of the Raptors in every facet of the game. Especially after last night's draft. Isiah had a fantastic draft, the best in the last 20 years since Pat. Toronto has drafted the same position the past 3 years... and have picked Villanueva at no.7. Passed on Green, Granger, Frye (thank G-d), etc. Toronto should have their NBA rights revoked... give someone else a franchise. They're a disgrace.

Bottom line, the Knicks have a good future after this draft, assuming the team doesn't take a step back. Frye, Sweets, Ariza, Q, Crawford, Marbury, Robinson... this team isn't looking bad. Of course, we're not contenders yet. We're not fooling ourselves. But this squad is one superstar or a few of the right pieces away from seriously being Eastern contenders. Especially since by the time the Knicks are ready with this young guns team, Miami will be no problem since Shaq will either be gone or irrelevant.

The Knicks defense has also improved since Nate Robinson is a defensive monster at the point, and Channing Frye will turn around our blocks totals since we were the worst team with blocks per game in the league. Not to mention our offense gets a jolt with Frye's pick-n-roll game and Q's outside shooting.

And with Isiah looking to Bill Laimbeer if Larry Brown isn't going to coach, our coaching situation looks fine as long as it's not Herb again. Also looking to move Jerome Williams and Malik Rose, and hopefuly Mo Taylor, plus releasing Allan Houston... things are going in the right direction IMO, and in the opinion of a lot of NYers.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

And with Isiah looking to Bill Laimbeer if Larry Brown isn't going to coach, our coaching situation looks fine as long as it's not Herb again. Also looking to move Jerome Williams and Malik Rose, and hopefuly Mo Taylor, plus releasing Allan Houston... things are going in the right direction IMO, and in the opinion of a lot of NYers.

but if Larry Brown not coaching the Pistons, the Pistons are also looking at Lambeer, also Flip Saunders. Remember he also has a good relationship w/another former bad boy, Joe Dumars

Archived