Quentin Richardson a Knick

Starchild

Finally. A happy day for Knicks fans.

Kurt Thomas and a conditional pick to the Suns for Q Rich.

Add Channing Frye at the draft, and things are looking good. Also looks like Houston is probably on the way out, and figure Penny is out easily, and Timmy out by the trade deadline.

:D:notworthy::woot:

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

it's not done yet, but the conditional pick isn't to the Suns, it's to the Knicks. This was done by the Suns to save money so they can sign Joe Johnson at the end of the season.

No, its pretty much a done deal. Pending league approval (physicals) b/c trades can't be announced until after the NBA Finals.

ESPN Radio, WFAN, ESPN News, all of it. Come the end of the finals it'll be formally announced.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I love the deal for the Suns. W/ KThomas at center, I'll be able to slide over to PF. And there'll be more money for me and Joe Johnson, who's a more complete player than Q. Great trade. Go Suns!

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

I saw, I came, I left.

This is a bad deal for the Sunc Kurt Thomas does in fact suck, and by midseason Amare Stoudamire will play center any way.

Players just seem crappier in New York cos Isaiah assembles such a motley crew of mismatched parts. Knicks suck.

I wouldn't say players seem crappier in NY.

If anything, Kurt is overrated because of his play in the eastern conference where he only has to match up with Shaq and Ben Wallace, as opposed to the West. For the Suns, he'll be abused by Duncan, KG, Yao, so forth... especially since he can only go down for here. In NY his stock was higher because he averaged a double-double for a week rebounding team in the smaller eastern conference, and was the only defensive presence on a team that for the most part doesn't play D. His pick-and-roll effectiveness was also highlight by Marbury running the point.

As a Sun, he'll be effective in a small role but he's not your savior. At all.

Thomas will play D, but will be a non-factor against the big guns in the West. He will add a defensive presence, but down-low he won't be effective... he'll do fine cutting players off from the baseline or coming out to put a hand up, or drawing a charge every so often, but he's not going to be the defender he's made out to be. His age also will prevent him from going very far. Offensively, he doesn't really fit into their run-and-gun style. He can run the floor, but not the way the Suns run. He's a half-court player in every way... as long as Nash runs the pick-and-roll, Kurt will get his points, but expect his rebounds to go down because of the quality of players he'll face nightly. Don't forget, he's STILL playing the same role as he did in NY... the undersized Center who should really be playing the 4. That's far more detrimental to the team in the west than in the east.

I look at the deal like this. It's beneficial to both and it hurts both. It's more or less even in my eyes.

SUNS: Get a serviceable defender, pick-and-roll effectiveness, guy who will bring some intangibles to a team that lacks it. However, they lose one of their budding stars and an offensive weapon in Q-Rich.

KNICKS: Lose their main defensive presence and lose the benefit of the pick-and-roll with Marbury. However, they gain a solid replacement for Allan Houston who will certainly be gone with the new CBA. Q-Rich is 25 yrs old, can run, can take it to the rim, can post up, and is an excellent outside shooter and lead the league in 3 pt% which allows for Marbury to penetrate and dish to a dependable shooter unlike Crawford who has poor shot selection. Some may argue Q-Rich chucks, but that was the style of play in Phoenix... look back at his stint with the Clips and you'll remember he posted up more than he threw up the 3s. When he throws up the 3s tho, he's more likely to hit them than Jamal Crawford is, who is far more effective through dribble penetration like Marbs.

In the end, Phoenix will be better defensively and a little more effective on the boards, but not enough to get past a power house like San Antonio who's built for playoff success. New York still isn't good enough to make a lot of noise, but is younger and more talented, and with Marbury, Crawford, Q-Rich, Ariza and likely Channing Frye in the draft, they have a nice core to mess with for the future. Not to mention the removal of Allan Houston and another nice trade bait with either Crawford or Q-Rich for a big man. I don't think Isiah is done by any means.

this is strait up dumb, the knicks should give up the first round pick

Richardson is a great player to me and Kurt Thomas isnt that bad but the Knicks should give up a conditional first round pick

plus i see Chris Taft going to the Knicks if he isnt picked by then

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

How many more dumb moves will Isiah make?

Anyone notice that two former Knick players were in the finals and contributing well? Isiah dealt Mohammed and McDyessbefore too early.

Thomas is a good player but really didn't get along well with Marbury (Just like KG I guess). That's why he was traded.

okay, so Q is decent player .

He's by no means A SUPERSTAR for you CAVALIER fans out there.

This deal basically gives the knicks three similar players. Marbury, Crawford, and Richardson are each going to look for 25 shots a game. Add Houston, if he's healthy and plays in NY next year, and you've got 4 players looking to shoot. The Knicks need some frontcourt scoring and muscle.

Seems to me that Isiah wants to build a team of small guard shooters and develop a style much like Phoenix plays. That's not NY ball!!\

Isiah needs to realize that NY needs a big man. SInce Ewing left, the Knicks have been mediocre at best. They've made bad decisions in the draft trying to get a decent big man and they a better draft this year.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Suns got ripped off here, they couldve gotten more for Q. But at least they got more than

the Clippers did.

Being a Clipper fan, I am now sad I just bashed my own team like that. I

must remorse by letting Bobby Simmons walk, trading for Penny and signing no FAs this

summer. Im sad now, which is normal.....am I rambling?

ROC, I can see your point, but realize this...

The signing of Q basically spells the end for Allan Houston's tenure in NY. Not to mention the removal of his contract from the luxury tax this offseason as a one-time-only event due to the new CBA.

Q will more or less do what Houston did, in that he spreads the defense because now you have to watch out for the penetration and dish to the outside shooter. Q is also younger, and can play inside and on the break as well. Defensively, he's no Ron Artest, but he's far more reliable than an injured Houston who simply can't move with his man, and Crawford just simply can't play D.

Also, Q was basically the 4th scoring option in Phoenix behind Amare, Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion... yet he still averaged around 15 ppg and 6 reb. As the 2nd or 3rd option in NY shouldn't change much. Granted, Marbury is a score first pg, but let's not forget the countless games where Marbury almost refuses to shoot the ball in favor of getting his teammates involved. Having a guy like Q can help that situation, because when Marbury would defer to teammates, he really had noone skilled enough to score the basketball.

As for trading Nazr and Dice, meh. Nazr wasn't our answer at center. As a backup, or starting alongside a superstar like Duncan he's in the right role. Dice was just an awful inheritance thanks to Scott bin-Layden. Dice was just coming off of an injury, and he wasn't going to be our answer anyway... granted he's come back quite nicely and is playing well for Detroit, he's still their backup. I suppose keeping Dice and using his expiring contract more wisely might've been better, but who knows.

I do agree the Knicks need frontcourt help, but it's not like these guys are readily available. Hopefully Frye is available at no.8 and that should help. Lorenzon Wright would be a nice backup perhaps. It's no secret the Knicks need a second coming of a Patrick Ewing, but it's only so often these dominant centers become available... and in terms of the draft, the Knicks just can't suck enough to get that no.1 pick.

Suns got ripped off here, they couldve gotten more for Q. But at least they got more than

the Clippers did.

Being a Clipper fan, I am now sad I just bashed my own team like that. I

must remorse by letting Bobby Simmons walk, trading for Penny and signing no FAs this

summer. Im sad now, which is normal.....am I rambling?

Try being one of only 7 Hawks fans.

Sorry Knicks fans, but New York will always suck as long as Isiah is running the show.

Agreed!

And I consider the Knicks to be my inherited favorite team since I moved to NY in 1991.

What Thomas didn't realize is that Mohammed and Dice are excellent role players to play behind a dominating big man. They themselves, are not the dominate big man.

Somtimes I think Isiah makes trades just to keep from getting bored. Has any other team made more moves since he took over in NY. I love to listen to Mike & the Mad Dog (WFAN660) just rip into Thomas.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived