Milwaukee Bucks Concept

phayze

I think the old cartoon buck needs to be revisited. Deer aren't inherently scary animals, they just freak you out when you're driving and they don't get out of the road. I don't think a new Bucks logo should have ferocity. Just give it a goofy smile, perhaps looking over a pair of sunglasses. And of course, spinning a basketball on its hoof. Anthropomorphic showoff baller bucks = the future.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the old cartoon buck needs to be revisited. Deer aren't inherently scary animals, they just freak you out when you're driving and they don't get out of the road. I don't think a new Bucks logo should have ferocity. Just give it a goofy smile, perhaps looking over a pair of sunglasses. And of course, spinning a basketball on its hoof. Anthropomorphic showoff baller bucks = the future.

I think that is certainly one way to go yeah.

Although I don't think that deer are "ferocious", they are tremendously powerful, graceful, and sorta regal. People have seen those videos where a buck attacks someone during the rut and I sure wouldn't mess with one. If not a return to a modernized "bango" then I would like the new logo to better reflect the power and speed they possess.

I do like that logo you made and if you were cool with it I'd use it.

Oh yeah, sure. Go ahead. Again, I have major problems with it now, but be my guest.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

I think that is certainly one way to go yeah.

Although I don't think that deer are "ferocious", they are tremendously powerful, graceful, and sorta regal. People have seen those videos where a buck attacks someone during the rut and I sure wouldn't mess with one. If not a return to a modernized "bango" then I would like the new logo to better reflect the power and speed they possess.

I do like that logo you made and if you were cool with it I'd use it.

Oh yeah, sure. Go ahead. Again, I have major problems with it now, but be my guest.

Hey Sterling,

Love the logo you did. It was wicked. What colors would you prefer the Bucks use? I like phayzes Red, beige, green and black. But I would also could see Red, Green, Silver, and possibly black. What would you like to see?

think the old cartoon buck needs to be revisited. Deer aren't inherently scary animals, they just freak you out when you're driving and they don't get out of the road. I don't think a new Bucks logo should have ferocity. Just give it a goofy smile, perhaps looking over a pair of sunglasses. And of course, spinning a basketball on its hoof. Anthropomorphic showoff baller bucks = the future.

i see it less of being the Bucks with the cartoon logo you know like c'mon lets go play the bucks. more like almost royalty buck with like a 16 point rack standing over a cliff or valley or something so its more like we gotta play the bucks. they take it serious. have it be the bucks. dont know if im making any sense. just my opinion

Hey Sterling,

Love the logo you did. It was wicked. What colors would you prefer the Bucks use? I like phayzes Red, beige, green and black. But I would also could see Red, Green, Silver, and possibly black. What would you like to see?

I think the door is wide open.

The Bucks now have historical ties to silver, red, and tan/beige.

If it were me doing one, I'd begin with trying to modernly integrate multiple shades of green like the 80s era Bucks.

Although that era brought no titles and consistent defeat at the hands of the Sixers and Celts......they were very solid then and hey.......thats when I grew up watching them.

I think two-tone green done similar to the way Dallas uses two blues, could be very interesting. But as you can see, I experimented with a copper/tan tone myself and wouldn't rule out a use or red or silver either. Not altogether of course.

Sterling,

I'd Love to see the use of Red, Green and Silver. I think they would be sweet.

Well, red and green are complimentary colors, so this idea does hold some promise. Maybe a darkish red and a brighter green to give some contrast...

LT

Would you guys then use a metallic silver or just silver in the scheme?

"Silver" can't be anything but metallic, can it? :P Seriously, I don't know the best way to depict it on a logo/uni. I would assume you should just pick a silver pantone color, if you have access to the pantone color swatches.

LT

"Silver" can't be anything but metallic, can it? :P Seriously, I don't know the best way to depict it on a logo/uni. I would assume you should just pick a silver pantone color, if you have access to the pantone color swatches.

LT

What I said about metallic and regular was because some people almost choose a GRAY for Silver instead of Silver so thats what I was trying to say.

LT

What I said about metallic and regular was because some people almost choose a GRAY for Silver instead of Silver so thats what I was trying to say.

Oh ok, I think I see your point. I guess I should ask, how do you want it to look on the logo/uniforms? In the past I think silver really meant light gray for practical purposes because shininess couldn't be rendered in fabrics. As an example, the White Sox use silver as one of their colors but I'm sorry, on their uniforms it is gray. As far as I know, baseball uniforms have never featured shiny fabrics. Now for basketball and football its different. Teams are using fabrics that are truly shiny, or shimmering. So, do you want that true metallic silver, or just gray that you are calling silver? I can only say that is up to you.

This is a really great question, and really I would like to hear from others on how this metallic stuff works. You out there, Pantone?

LT

I'd like to believe its still possible to be original in terms of color scheme......but it's difficult.

If they use two tone greens......I'm envisioning Dallas. Sparse, stylish.

If they use silver, I'm envisioning basically an Eagles color scheme which might look really nice.

If they use red.....well.....the Wild are pretty much the only one's to pull that off since the 90s Sonics and you are going to draw comparisons to both.

I personally don't want red because it wasn't really used in there logo and not always used in there uniforms.

Or you add a tan color without adding red, and then you are more in......Moose territory I guess. Who else uses that?

I am a Bucks season ticket Holder and all my buddies are too. We were talking last night and they all want to see the red and green from the '71 championship team plus either copper, gold, or silver along with black. They loved phayzes design and also loved the new logo. They also said they would like to see a redesign of the uniforms with silver in the scheme.

I am a Bucks season ticket Holder and all my buddies are too. We were talking last night and they all want to see the red and green from the '71 championship team plus either copper, gold, or silver along with black. They loved phayzes design and also loved the new logo. They also said they would like to see a redesign of the uniforms with silver in the scheme.

Well. Look. I'm not against red IF it works. I don't want them to go back to something for retro kitsch purposes for only a short time. Regardless of the colors, I want their next look to really be a lasting one. A nod to the past for sure, but mainly one with an eye on the future. The franchise has a lot of issues and they cannot all be fixed by clothing or a logo....but they need to look like they have a consistent forward moving direction and a new identity can expedite that.

And I'm glad you like the concept I did. Feel free to use it liberally in any ideas. But I know it's not good enough...not strong enough to carry through what they need to implement. It's just the tip of the iceberg.

Hey, off topic. Are you going to the draft party tonight? Anyone? I'll be down at the old BC for a bit checking it out.

Archived