Milwaukee Bucks Concept

phayze

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it when these were in the prototype stage, I'll say it again.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

You fixed the logos on the shorts so there's no clash of logos on the home whites. And the design is great. Couple minor things I noticed:

1. Be careful with the amount of beige on the homes; maybe it's my monitor, but the beige comes off as yellowish, which makes the whole home package resemble the SuperSonics during their Shawn Kemp/NBA Finals Era (the set before the ones they wear now).

2. See if you can lengthen (vertically) the letters in "MILWAUKEE", since they're shorter than the ones in "BUCKS". I know there are more letters in the city name, so maybe a stretching would be enough.

3. Did you try any other colors for the eyes in the primary logo? Looks a little alien with the big green eyes.

All in all, I am a big fan of these, minor details aside. And I'd vote to make those red alts the permanent roadies.

:notworthy: !

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Yeah they eyes did look pretty weird so they're now black.

As for the beige looking yellow, it could be that its a small area resized and compressed or your monitor. I agree they look a bit sonics like but I really couldn't find a better home design for the colors and look I was going for. Up close I think they do look a little bit more distinguished though.

Untitled-1.png

I am really liking this concept. I've always thought the Bucks should go back to their old colors. The only think i'd change is eliminate the red/black alts and give the Buck in the logo some eyes.

Major upgrade! A+

6uXNWAo.png

I appreciate the effort and the time put in. I encourage you to keep on giving us concepts and to get better.

I mean this in the nicest way. But this doesn't work at all.

The font is terrible. And recoloring a bad logo with different colors which are also not nearly contrasting enough doesn't fix the problems. PUrple and green didn't push off one another effectively either.

No matter how I put it, I'm going to sound like a jerk and I apologize for that. But these aren't even as good as what they wear now. And I hate what they wear now.

People only put band-aid solutions on the Bucks problem........a recolor here, a return to red there.

THey need bigger, bolder solutions. They need to scrap it and start from the ground up. I don't care if you draw another straight-on Bucks head.......but recoloring this thing.......no please.

Your craftsmanship on the concept was pretty good and as I said before, I do appreciate all the work that goes into these...sincerely.

Keep up the good work.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

No gold in the Bucks, please. That's the ugly Supersonics color scheme. The green is great, but the beige-ish gold and dark red make it look too, I dunno, rustic? It doesn't pop, I guess. It feels like the Wild.

I guess now it's my turn to take a spin at the Bucks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I loved the duds teh Sonics wore before their current set (as I say over and over :P ). I despise the current Sonics uniform, aside from the alternates. so logically, I like this Bucks concept but upon further review, I'm not too high on the alt (needs green) or the number font.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If there is anything to change and I don't think there is change the beige to silver. I am a huge Bucks fan and Wisconsin sports fan and loved the concepts that were made. I don't know what the fuss is. Try using silver instead.

My comments weren't meant to be a "fuss" at all. I know how much effort is required to put together a whole concept.

And were this any of the other 35 threads where someone recolors the Bucks logo, I wouldn't have said anything.

But on the heels of rumors about the Bucks changing everything, this concept begins to take on a "maybe they should use this" vibe. And having said that (also as Bucks and Wisconsin sports fan) they need lots more help than this.

I want to be encouraging to anyone who likes to design. But I also don't think overly enthusiastic praise helps anyone.

The Bucks uniforms aren't the problem. They are designed as basic as you can get and only reflect of, not shape the identity overall. While this addresses the color issue (#1 on my list......purple HAS to go) it hasn't addressed the logo which is also deeply flawed. In fact, switching the body of the deer to red (presumably because red is close to brown) actually weakens the logo further.

I know where this is coming from. Guy's got an idea.....doesn't feel confident enough to really draw out a new logo (which is totally understandable and cool) so we'll throw some old colors around and say how bout it.

No harm at all. But to pretend like it's ready to implement.....good to go.......better than what they use......or even equal to what they use; is not fair to the designer or the team.

I'm merely offering a dissenting opinion. Not trying to hurt any feelings.

The number fonts do suck a bit. I thought about that when I put them on but I was a little too lazy to go look for new fonts but when I update this there definetly will be a different number font.

The uniform reminds me alot of the NHL Wild

Sortof why I picked the colors. My favorite hockey team :P

I'm not too high on the alt (needs green) or the number font.

The first thing I tried on the alt is green. It does not look good (or as near as slick as the black) but I will try to fix this problem as it doesn't really look like it fits in with the rest of the set. Which is why it is really meant to be a special occasion type of alternate rather then one thats worn frequently.

I know where this is coming from. Guy's got an idea.....doesn't feel confident enough to really draw out a new logo (which is totally understandable and cool) so we'll throw some old colors around and say how bout it.

Not enough confidence? I had enough to post this (in your eyes, worse then what they currently have) on a board full of designers 500x more talented then I am. This is the third thing I've ever designed. I simply do not have the skills to create a logo that would be an improvement over their current. Would you have liked me to leave it out, making the set seem incomplete or just included their current purple, green and silver one?

I made this based more out of jtsteward's request to see some bucks concepts in this thread than to try and top all the other bucks stuff or w/e.

You should create a bucks concept. You sound like you know exactly what they need.

Thanks for the C&C. I'll try to update this soon.

Untitled-1.png

Not enough confidence? I had enough to post this (in your eyes, worse then what they currently have) on a board full of designers 500x more talented then I am. This is the third thing I've ever designed. I simply do not have the skills to create a logo that would be an improvement over their current. Would you have liked me to leave it out, making the set seem incomplete or just included their current purple, green and silver one?

I made this based more out of jtsteward's request to see some bucks concepts in this thread than to try and top all the other bucks stuff or w/e.

You should create a bucks concept. You sound like you know exactly what they need.

Thanks for the C&C. I'll try to update this soon.

See, I knew in this case I was gonna sound like a dick. And I pretty much was. Sorry man. Not that you lack confidence. Confidence IN your skills...which is pretty much just what you said only different........Nevermind. I seriously was not/ am not trying to bust your balls.

I've been waiting for THE Bucks concept.......whether from the actual team, myself, or a board member for.........well since '93 when they rolled that purple monstrosity out. All I ever see is the recolor. I don't even see anyone TRY a new one.

I did at least try to do a new one once about 3-4 years ago.. I thought it was good then. I sorta hate it now. Clearly I don't know exactly what they need.

bucks_logo.jpg

Seriously sorry man. No harm intended. My apologies.

To answer your question....what did I want to see? ANything. anything drawn great or horrible that inspires to be anything great for the Bucks. Period....Any new idea for Milwaukee that doesn't involve their current set. I don't care what the skill level.....I'll help draw. Let's just endeavor to do something besides a recolor please.

See, I knew in this case I was gonna sound like a dick. And I pretty much was. Sorry man. Not that you lack confidence. Confidence IN your skills...which is pretty much just what you said only different........Nevermind. I seriously was not/ am not trying to bust your balls.

I've been waiting for THE Bucks concept.......whether from the actual team, myself, or a board member for.........well since '93 when they rolled that purple monstrosity out. All I ever see is the recolor. I don't even see anyone TRY a new one.

I did at least try to do a new one once about 3-4 years ago.. I thought it was good then. I sorta hate it now. Clearly I don't know exactly what they need.

Seriously sorry man. No harm intended. My apologies.

To answer your question....what did I want to see? ANything. anything drawn great or horrible that inspires to be anything great for the Bucks. Period....Any new idea for Milwaukee that doesn't involve their current set. I don't care what the skill level.....I'll help draw. Let's just endeavor to do something besides a recolor please.

I wasn't really pissed off. I expected C&C and some of it to be hard, it just frustrates me a bit when fans of the team are overly critical of a concept because they are looking for something to fulfill their own wants rather then just rating the concept for what it is. Thats mainly where my "You should create a bucks concept. You sound like you know exactly what they need. " came from; which was a bit assy of me, but I was ticked off prior to posting that since I just got in from chasing my damn dogs around the neighborhood after they escaped. So maybe I unleashed a little bit in that post unintentionally.

Back on topic. About the logos(I know, I love kicking that dead horses ass): I would really have no idea where to start. My only option would be to create it in MSpaint because I have no experience with any photo editing programs and found them to be a pain in the ass when working with them thats why I went back to the easy going newbieness that is MSpaint. I can't even draw on paper, so I think its just a bit out of my league untill I put in some serious time to learn how. I can see how you'd be annoyed with the endless recolors, I just think you should maybe lighten up about it.

I do like that logo you made and if you were cool with it I'd use it. And trust me, if I knew how to make something like that, I would've. I just simply wouldn't know where to start.

I appreciate the (unnecessary) apologies. I'm not mad at anyone. I hope nothing in this post gets taken the wrong way (especially the first paragraph) or I may be the one apologizing.

Untitled-1.png

Archived