St. Louis Blues concept

JetsLuvver

I guess I'm the only one who liked the Blues with red accents

no problem its your concept its what you would like to see them wear. thats just what i think. thats why we IMO, just someones opinion.

I guess I'm the only one who liked the Blues with red accents.

Sounds like it--I prefer them without the red--I didn't like the red on them when they added it, the red seemed to take over...(95-98)

(I liked most variations through to 1979 & then how they looked in 99 when the red was dumped)

Other than that it looks good.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

The problem with the red is that it overpowers the other colors in their package. And with a team name like the BLUES, it's pretty evident what the dominant color should be.

As for the concept, my 2 cents:

HOME: a little too much gold for a Blues' concept, especially at home. I'd also remove the "St. Louis" from the Blue Note. These are worn at home, people should know already where they're from. (I'd take it off the road jersey as well, for the sake of consistency. There's no writing on the note presently.)

ROAD: With the exception of the wording on the logo, these aren't bad. The color on the backside view should be colored in to match the frontside view.

ALT: I'll give you credit for trying something novel, but I can't imagine a team in the NHL wearing these. Kinda gimmicky here, although if done right, you could probably have a stripe of notes the way the Carolina Hurricanes use the US hurricane flag in a stripe at the waist. Or the ring of fleurs-de-lis the Nordiques used to have. Don't give up on the idea yet, but I don't like it in this form. And the gold is a little much.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I guess I'm the only one who liked the Blues with red accents.

I actually liked the red although I think the navy does look better, but only because their name is the Blues.

Back to the concept I'd make the white stripes on the home blue and thicken the red stripes just a little and I think you'd have a winner.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Archived