ESPN website is pure bull

Blue Falcon

:cursing: Practically every story on ESPN's NFL page is for Insiders only now, which means you have to pay to read their crap. Guess what? I'll be checking out other sites that don't charge just to read stuff. Check the site out, it's ridiculous!

Oh yea, I noticed this a few years ago when the "Trade Rumors" section for MLB became an insider only section. Pissed me off. Now I use Sports Illustrated's website.

SI.com is another good done as is foxsports BUT FOX has some voting promo that comes with the most friggin' annoying pop-up. It is some chickie who "knocks on your screen" to encourage you to go vote or something, it come up on every other page....erg.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I've noticed that over the past couple years how more and more stories on ESPN.com are "Insider". I also gave up a few years ago on checking ESPN's fantasy stats and rankings once they all turned into Insider info as well. :mad:

I'm sure if the information were that vital, it would be a headline or you could get the info elsewhere for no cost so that's why i'll never become a member.

How much does it cost now days to become an In$ider anyways??

6uXNWAo.png

CBS sportsline is pretty solid. They still have an MLB rumors section that is free. Alot of it is of course, rumors and rarely right. But aren't all rumors like that?

I honestly visit them all from time to time. SI, ESPN, CBS, etc.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/MLB_SC-RUMOR

Btw...its annoying but how genius was it to split up the stories so you see more ads? Its a great marketing idea, but its really annoying. Thank god for now you can still do single page view.

I too agree that ESPN as a whole has really sold out the past few years. From Sportscenter being more MTV like to their website becoming almost pay per view, I'm slowly losing respect for the "worldwide leader in sports". I live in Louisiana and I'm a huge hockey an soccer fan and ESPN has shortchanged me on the coverage of both....I loved NHL 2night and MLS Gamenight, yet they get canceled for what?. And ESPN Insider....man, I'm already paying cable and internet....and the info isnt that valuable anyway. IMO

Archived