Rockies logo concept/maybe jerseys too?

edmfan16

Updated below.

I'm sick of the purple and black and some things on the logo... the choice of colors came from the Avalanche, though I made them darker and added a deeper blue which replaces the black.

Should I make some jerseys? And if so, can someone point me in the direction of a baseball temp? ^_^

44.gif

Every so often, this idea seems to pop up about ditching the Rockies' current color scheme. Why? You may not like it, but it's there for a reason.

The team plays in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Thus, the nickname. These are the same mountains alluded to in "America The Beautiful" - ya know, that part about "purple mountains' majesty". They didn't just choose purple at random! And what's wrong with purple in sports? There are a few teams that have made it work very well. LA Lakers... Minnesota Vikings... LA Kings... Sacramento Kings... LSU... When done properly, purple commands an air of royalty and success.

The black and silver, meh. Take 'em or leave 'em. But the purple should be the basis for a design for a team named for the Rocky Mountains. I like the "C" from the baseball - that's a great idea to anchor a redesign around. Try it with purple mountains.

Besides, everyone and their mother wears red, blue or a combination of both - why conform when you've got a color all to yourself in MLB?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Every so often, this idea seems to pop up about ditching the Rockies' current color scheme. Why? You may not like it, but it's there for a reason.

The team plays in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. Thus, the nickname. These are the same mountains alluded to in "America The Beautiful" - ya know, that part about "purple mountains' majesty". They didn't just choose purple at random! And what's wrong with purple in sports? There are a few teams that have made it work very well. LA Lakers... Minnesota Vikings... LA Kings... Sacramento Kings... LSU... When done properly, purple commands an air of royalty and success.

The black and silver, meh. Take 'em or leave 'em. But the purple should be the basis for a design for a team named for the Rocky Mountains. I like the "C" from the baseball - that's a great idea to anchor a redesign around. Try it with purple mountains.

Besides, everyone and their mother wears red, blue or a combination of both - why conform when you've got a color all to yourself in MLB?

Heh, maybe it's the shade of purple they use that I don't like (I know about the Rocky Mountains, etc.). :)

Their logo right now is fine which is why I left most of it (save the size of the ball and the speed lines). I will try it with different a few purples. :grin:

Thanks for the comments so far.

44.gif

This... this I like. A lot.

One tiny thought I had looking at this again - maybe start the motion trail from the ball on the right side of the mountain, tapered even thinner than it is where it starts on the left side of the mountain? It would reinforce the idea of the trail forming a "C", and would make the "C" more upright.

You've got the potential for a real winner here!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This... this I like. A lot.

One tiny thought I had looking at this again - maybe start the motion trail from the ball on the right side of the mountain, tapered even thinner than it is where it starts on the left side of the mountain? It would reinforce the idea of the trail forming a "C", and would make the "C" more upright.

You've got the potential for a real winner here!

Thanks. :grin:

When I get some time, I will fix the trail. :)

44.gif

I really like it....but I would bring the trail down slightly lower. I see you're making a subtle 'C' with the trail, but bringing it down would be visually pleasing. It's very top heavy right now, with just solid color on the bottom. Overall, I like.

spikes.jpg

col.gif

You happen to see the Washington Cascades logo (NABA; fantasy basketball)? Looks the same.

I have never even heard of the Cascades, let alone seen their logo. =\ Do you have a picture?

And MD, I will try that. To be honest, the grey motion streak wasn't even supposed to be a 'C'. While posting, I decided to mention it was a 'C' since it makes the most sense, lol.

I'm not too sure about the purple on purple color scheme... it's sort of too dark for my tastes. I'll mess around with it later, as well as the streak.

Thanks for all your comments. ^_^

44.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived