Offical Sports E-Cyclopedia NFL Update Thread

NJTank

Perhaps the term better to be lucky then good best fits teh New Engalnd Patriots who have taken advanatage of the slaray cap era through good coaching and shrewed dealinsg to win their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years witha roster that as of yet has any sure thing Hall of Famers.

Check to see how their 2004 season went along with their entire history.

New England Patriots

comments wlecome

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps the term better to be lucky then good best fits teh New Engalnd Patriots who have taken advanatage of the slaray cap era through good coaching and shrewed dealinsg to win their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years witha roster that as of yet has any sure thing Hall of Famers.

Check to see how their 2004 season went along with their entire history.

New England Patriots

comments wlecome

The way you have the team logo wallpapered all over the background makes the page too hard to read. It is very annoying. Otherwise, a great effort and very informative site.

Thats my site design is that always a problem Ive always thought it looked nice, an all white background would not look too good. It looks good on the pic page though dose it not?

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Tank, you may want to give your site a makeover. Maybe come up with a new design template.

I think the solution for the background would be to convert the images to grayscale and then give the images themselves a more subdued look.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

OK, Tank. This is what I had in mind.

Sample Page

Ignore the marquee misalignment. I'm still trying to straighten out the code. Anyway, I think a background like this would allow text to be read more easily.

Bruno

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

It still gives you plenty of the logo wallpaper, but really makes the content easier to read. I would think that focus on an encyclopedia site should be content. Dress it up with a few images and you lose the white space that you think you might have a problem with. Hope this is of some help.

I like what you came up with Fresco you thgink I could do this on coolpage? I may not do these changes now but I am considering a slight change just to let everyone knwo so I can use some feedback. Even for teh frontpage.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I like what you came up with Fresco you thgink I could do this on coolpage? I may not do these changes now but I am considering a slight change just to let everyone knwo so I can use some feedback. Even for teh frontpage.

Don't know anything about CoolPage, so I wouldn't be able to help you out there. But what I did was very simple HTML with tables and cells. Nothing fancy, no CSS or anything like that.

After I did the Patriots site, I went in to see how long I could convert another team (the Rams) on your site to one of these formats and it took me about 45 minutes, but I didn't recreate a lot of the little images, helmets, etc like I did for the PAts. I figured another hour or so to do that. And I would use a lot more team color schemes on each team page.

Some real potential to have a slick and attractive web site if you give it a whirl.

Well not sure if Ill use this but I think I will come up witha redesign with in the next 6 months.

I want something I can do easily with coolpage or a preset up coding I cant mess with HTML I just dont hav e the patience.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Nice job, Fresco. Although, I'll admit, I still prefer a less complicated wallpaper like the one I posted. :P:D Either way, Tank can't go wrong.

shysters_sm.jpg

I liek some of these concepts but Ive spoken with Chris and he says he has a a few ideas too, so Ill see what he can come up wit. Meantime Ill continue to update under teh old format. I can always go abck and update them all again when I finally chsoe a new design.

Any way the updates continue with the New York Jets who used the running of Curtis Martin to gallop into the playoffs where they stunned the Chargers and were a missed Doug Brien FG away from making the AFC Championship Game.

New York Jets

Once again feedback is welcome

Also look at the picture page tell me what you think

Jets Pictures

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The only error i came across on the Jets page is the spelling of Nate Kaeding's name (just one D, not two) under the Hisotrical Moments of 2004. Other than that it looks superb!

6uXNWAo.png

comments wlecome

Please.

The Patriots have quite clearly been the single best team in the NFL the past two seasons, and they have yet to lose a must win game.

As for their not having any sure-fire Hall of Famers on the team, apparently you haven't listened or read what the vast majority of NFL writers and broadcasters have been saying about Tom Brady, which is that he is a first ballot H0F, with Bellicick sure to get his turn in Canton.

Archived