San Diego State Football

San Diego State Red Jerseys

Does anybody know if these jerseys were worn at any other point besides the Utah game last year? On the EA Sports website, they have screenshots of NCAA 2006, and it appears as if these may be the primary jerseys for this season, instead of the blacks. Also, just to throw my two cents in here, these just plain aren't very good. They sort of remind me of San Jose State and their "Let's throw some blue and yellow and black and see wear it sticks" jerseys.

ducks-large.jpg

Still wish they'd get rid of the black airbrushing on the helmets. I've always hated those.

Ditto. I cannot stand those airbrushed helmets.

But I gotta say those jerseys are hella tight.

6uXNWAo.png

San Diego State wore the scarlet jerseys against Idaho State on 9/4/04 and against Utah on 10/30/04. They wore black jerseys against Nevada, Colorado State, and UNLV. The Aztecs wore white jerseys against Michigan, UCLA, Wyoming, New Mexico, Brigham Young, and Air Force.

So final count for 2004: 3 games in black, 2 games in scarlet, and 6 games in white. And I do not have previous years.

The helmet airbrushing is bad, but it has seemed to be finding a home in college softball. I'd look for pictures, but I find the helmets bothersome enough not to look. Unless Jennie Finch was wearing the helmet.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The metallic/candy finish on the helmets that debuted in 2004 has made the helmets a lot more palatable. With the right light, it looks as though there is a gold flake look to it, and it just looks badass now that gold is in the Aztecs' color scheme. Before 2004, I thought the airbrush was absolutely hideous.

Of course, nothing beats the Marshall Faulk/Dan McGwire/Darnay Scott look of the early 90s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived