O...NO..Canada Again?

NoHoJoe

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that advertisement for Fantastic Four was very important too :rolleyes:

did you see Jeannie Zalaskososo or whatever interrupt Ernie Harwell during the pregame Just to throw to their Billy Bob Thornton narrartion piece. He's Ernie Freaking harwell, everyone in the country would rather listen to him than some jerk actor who happens to be in a baseball movie, Ernie should be allowed to talk as long as he wants. At that point I left and didn't come back until the introductions. By the way why does hollywood feel like they have to do remakes of movies, can't anyone come up with any new ideas?

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

I was pretty stunned that they didn't show O Canada, but did play the British anthem. That was, IMO, a slap in the face to Canadian viewers.

On a side note, is anyone else tired of God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch? I understand the meaning, but isn't just singing take me out to the ballgame getting back to our normal lives????

I am tired of GBA, can't stand watching the Yankee home games. It seems like it takes about 5 minutes to complete (10 on the days w/that Irish Tenor guy...including the intro which takes a while). OK to do it during holidays & 9/11 anniversary. Only thing about the longer breaks between the top & bottom of 7th inning, if they go to commercial during GBA, you can hear "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" in the background.

Sundays at my area ballparks...

US Cellular Field: It depends, sometimes organ, sometimes vocal. WGN/CSN-Chicago mostly doesn't show it, except for holidays.

Wrigley Field: For a couple of years on Sundays, GBA was sung before National Anthem. This year, not done at all, even on Sundays.

My suggestion...I know it probably won't happen in the real world...If a station wants to show GBA, show the rest of the 7th inning stretch without commercials, game recaps, announcer blabbing, etc. At least show the baseball side of the stretch, not just the patriotic side.

I do have the MLB package, and here are the teams that do show GBA on Sundays (Holidays...more teams show GBA).

Yankees (always)

Marlins

Pirates

Astros (even though they did not show it last Sunday even though they were at home)

Rangers (sometimes)

Brewers (sometimes)

Reds (have seen it in the past, haven't seen much this year)

Add on if necessary.

Hey kids, the British anthem is a tribute to the victims of the bombing in London.

Don't be insensible.

And, yes, how dare the MLB guys forgot the Canadian anthem!!!

GO CANADA!!!

canadian_flag.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived