O...NO..Canada Again?

NoHoJoe

I will be looking forward to watching the pre-game highlights for tonight's MLB All-Star. And If O Canada is not broadcast tonight, I will write a nice little letter to Ed Goren, President of Fox Sports, telling him that the omission of the broadcasting of O Canada is an insult to Canadians, especially the fact that the province of Ontario is within a mile of Comerica Field. :flagcanada:

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have done this for the last SEVERAL years. I can't even remember the last time, or if ever, FOX showed the Canadian anthem. I do recall one year, the Canadian broadcaster actually showed the anthem, separte from the US feed.

I saw, I came, I left.

They have done this for the last SEVERAL years. I can't even remember the last time, or if ever, FOX showed the Canadian anthem. I do recall one year, the Canadian broadcaster actually showed the anthem, separte from the US feed.

CBC and ESPN will do that a lot for NHL playoff games. CBC will show the whole presentation of the flags and anthems where ESPN might have the Canadian one in the background while going on about the Red Wings or Flyers/Devils again.

I will be looking forward to watching the pre-game highlights for tonight's MLB All-Star. And If O Canada is not broadcast tonight, I will write a nice little letter to Ed Goren, President of Fox Sports, telling him that the omission of the broadcasting of O Canada is an insult to Canadians, especially the fact that the province of Ontario is within a mile of Comerica Field. :flagcanada:

And when he recieves your letter he will probably just throw it away without reading it.

I will be looking forward to watching the pre-game highlights for tonight's MLB All-Star. And If O Canada is not broadcast tonight, I will write a nice little letter to Ed Goren, President of Fox Sports, telling him that the omission of the broadcasting of O Canada is an insult to Canadians, especially the fact that the province of Ontario is within a mile of Comerica Field.  :flagcanada:

And when he recieves your letter he will probably just throw it away without reading it.

So what? Writing a letter is actually not a bad thing. Besides, It will get a better response than an email. Remember, this is an issue about RESPECT for Canada :flagcanada: , not about money for ads and promos for shows on FOX!!!

An online petiton will be written up tomorrow. More detail ASAP!!!!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Remember folks, they can go to commercial during Oh Canada, but if Toronto refused to sing God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch heads were gonna roll!

i say the jays should play "The Maple Leaf Forever" during the 7th inning stretch.

Remember folks, they can go to commercial during Oh Canada, but if Toronto refused to sing God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch heads were gonna roll!

i say the jays should play "The Maple Leaf Forever" during the 7th inning stretch.

I say they should play OK Blue Jays, like they have been for 25 years, and that's it. And that's what they do.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I will be looking forward to watching the pre-game highlights for tonight's MLB All-Star. And If O Canada is not broadcast tonight, I will write a nice little letter to Ed Goren, President of Fox Sports, telling him that the omission of the broadcasting of O Canada is an insult to Canadians, especially the fact that the province of Ontario is within a mile of Comerica Field.  :flagcanada:

So what? Writing a letter is actually not a bad thing. Besides, It will get a better response than an email. Remember, this is an issue about RESPECT for Canada :flagcanada: , not about money for ads and promos for shows on FOX!!!

An online petiton will be written up tomorrow. More detail ASAP!!!!

Look at it that way you could have some crappy singer from American Idol sing your Anthem like last year. I rathem have it not played then to be sung by someone who can't sing.

Are they gonna do O Canada AFTER the Star Spangled Banner?? :therock:

Doesn't look good.

They did it during the FOX commercial break -- they showed it on Rogers Sportsnet (and no, Rogers SportsNet did not go to commercial during the american anthem)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Are they gonna do O Canada AFTER the Star Spangled Banner?? :therock:

Doesn't look good.

No they already did the Canadian anthem. At least Sportsnet showed it. FLUFFIN' FOX!!!! What an insult! They would show the British anthem and not the Canadian anthem. :cursing::mad:

I saw, I came, I left.

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

There's your Canadian national anthem. Now enjoy the game. :P

6uXNWAo.png

Are they gonna do O Canada AFTER the Star Spangled Banner??  :therock:

Doesn't look good.

No they already did the Canadian anthem. At least Sportsnet showed it. FLUFFIN' FOX!!!! What an insult! They would show the British anthem and not the Canadian anthem. :cursing::mad:

They didn't play the British anthem they played My Country 'Tis Of Thee. :D

Archived