Kwame to the Lake Show

LMU

terrible deal for the Lakers. They get a player who hasnt ever shown a real commitment to basketball for 2 starters. The Wiz get a solid replacement for the loss of Larry Hughes, and a nice backup for Arenas. I cant think Kwame will be a very good influence on Lakers HS rookie center Andrew Bynum, either. The Lakers are just taking a crap shoot on tremendous talent.

BTW, im loving all the hoops threads all of a sudden! :D

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Shockingly bad deal for teh Lakers Kwame Brown is quickly becoming the biggest bust ever for a Number 1 pick and the Lakers gave up some pretty good players in Butler for him to the Wizards who would have taken a game worn Magic Johnson jersey to dumb him hell they would have taken a game worn Kurt Rambius jersey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Although it is good to see Kwame gone (and for a great deal nonetheless) I can't help but think of Ben Wallace, Rasheed, Chris Webber, Rip Hamilton, etc. that slipped through our hands.

In other words, Kwame will probably go for 20-10 next year :cursing: .

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I really like this deal! I'm not a huge Wizards fan and dont know much about NBA. So would Caron Butler (who I have always been a fan of) start and small foward and Antawn Jamison move to starting Power Foward? With Hughes gone I'm pretty sure Juan Dixon will start at SG, he was definitely not as good as Hughes but had some pretty big games.

Assessing this trade

Brown was nothing but a headache for the Wiz Show last year (didn't he get suspended before the playoffs for not showing up for something?) and hasn't lived up to his potential when MJ brought him in....

Atkins is a solid player that can do some good things out on the court....Butler is a VERY good player (was so in Miami and was so in his college days at UConn) who will help Washington out in a big way...

Then again, Butler did have a bit of a falling out with Kobe, so I guess "GM Kobe" struck again....

ADVANTAGE=WASHINGTON....big time.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived