Pittsburgh Pirates Uni Concept

ZBoyer

Well, let the insults fly. This looked better in my mind than on my LCD screen, but I figure I'd finish it up and give it a go anyways. Let me know what you think of it. Comments and criticism, por favor.

pirates.png

Nice thinking, but the hat really doesn't match the jersey at all. And although it shouldn't have an effect on YOUR concept, and you shouldn't let it either, the Pirates, I think (?), are trying not to use a lot of red any more, just a little as trim for the alts that they carried over over from their previous uni's, thus the reasoning for switching the alt. hat's brim from red to yellow.

But good creativity coming out of this, so keep it up and you'll definately get there.

B)

As a Pittsburgh area native and Pirates fan(if it means anymore)I definetly wouldn't mind these jerseys as alternate jerseys with the red brim on the hat.

Very nice concept and a good idea

Now that we have the one for the thumb, the other hand looks lonely........GO STEELERS

sorry, but when i think pittsburgh pirates red dosnt come to mind.

Ditto that. I always liked that the Pittsburgh teams all fell in line with the city's colors and adopted black and gold for themselves. A little civic pride and continuity goes a long way. You always know if you're playing a Pittsburgh team.

Red's not bad as a trim color, but this the red equivalent of the infiltration by black where it shouldn't be anything more than an auxiliary color (SEE: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Kansas City Royals...). Having a red bandana is striking for the logo, like the red and blue hypocycloids on the Steelers' logo; having a red jersey goes too far against the grain to work, IMO.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived