Best major league park

Which newer ballpark is the best?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beer is rediculously overpriced.

Could somebody explain to me the point of drinking beer at sporting events? If you're going to get wasted and forget most of the game, isn't that a waste of money? :wacko:

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Beer is rediculously overpriced.

Could somebody explain to me the point of drinking beer at sporting events? If you're going to get wasted and forget most of the game, isn't that a waste of money? :wacko:

maybe it's like that simpsons episode where homer goes to the baseball game, doesn't drink and then says "without beer this game is really boring."

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

On the Wrigley vs. Fenway debate, I'm biased, but the around the park atmosphere at Wrigley kills Fenway (the neighborhood is not "controlled" like Yawkee Way is, therefore it is more authentic). Inside the park, Fenway is a better baseball croud (Wrigley is more about beeing seen at the game, Fenway is more about the game). As an overall experience, Wrigley wins. Just my 2 cents.

I've never been to either, unfortunately (I've been trying to take a trip out to Boston to go to a Sox game for a couple of years) so I can't really weigh in on the Fenway/Wrigley debate, but -- when I go to a sporting event, I like to know I'm sitting with people that are as passionate as myself -- that's the experience, for me. Both parks are beautiful and both are historic. The fact that Fenway is more of a baseball crowd rather than about being seen would be, in my opinion, the appeal of Fenway over Wrigley.

IUe6Hvh.png

Regarding the whole Fenway/Wrigley thing, I've only been to Fenway so I'd think it'd be a tad improper of me to speak on the entire subject seeing I've only experienced one side of it (and granted, it was 1983 when I went to the Fens, obviously a LOT has changed there in the 22 years since I was there)...

To me, both are classic parks...and both have their diehards and the folks that are there to be seen (heck, EVERY park has those, so we can move past that little point)...I'm hoping I can get out to the Friendly Confines next year so I can have a feel for what it is everyone says one way or another about the place...

Parks I've been to:

Fenway

Yankee

Shea

The Vet

Citizens Bank

Camden Yards

Memorial

The Big O

Comerica

Busch

Out of the non-new parks, I'd have to say I enjoyed Busch the most. Cards fans were great (a few of them seemed genuinely surprised that I was from CT and made the trip out for a game) and I really like how they remodeled the place.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Archived