Royals about to pull plug on sleeveless uniforms..

Ez Street

Royals about to pull plug on sleeveless uniforms for next season

JEFFREY FLANAGAN

We hear that those new-look Royals uniforms the club introduced for the 2002 season are about to go through another dramatic makeover.

In fact, Royals vice president of communications David Witty confirmed the team is strongly considering abandoning the sleeveless uniforms, both home and away, as well as cutting back on the amount of the color black that was introduced in ?02.

?We would like to get back to the more traditional look of the Royals,? Witty said. ?We tried something a few years ago, and now we feel we just got away from the Royals tradition a bit and want to get back to it.

?The other problem with the look was with the sleeveless uniforms, you had players wearing short-sleeve or long-sleeve undershirts with them, and it just didn?t give a uniform look to the team.?

There also have been whispers that the team was close to tossing out the black scheme altogether, and going with more gold.

?I think we?ll be cutting back on the black, but it will still be a part of the plan,? Witty said. ?The new look we will have I?m sure will be very popular with the fans. It?s going to look a lot more like we used to look.?

I hate the black, love the sleeveless. I am looking forward to the return of the powder blue. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The Royals are really the only team I could forgive for bringing back a powder blue jersey. It just seems right for them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think the clubs that use A LOT of black should just reconsider how they are using black. The royals in this case are named after a color, or as AAO designed a while back, they could go more with the royalty angle, the lion a king some like that. Gold should definitely not be taken out as an accent color for the team. But royal blue should def be used more that it is.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Archived