Kansas City Royals changes for 2006

Royals Insider

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pendulum is finally swinging back toward fashion sanity, so long as this is true.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I was listening to a sports talk show this morning in Kansas City and the host mentioned that the Royals will be dropping all the black from their color scheme for next year?  Has anyone else heard this?

HALLELUJAH!

By "all the black", I hope they're just talking about the black alternate jerseys and the black undershirts they wear with the away jerseys. Black does work for the Royals (and for most other teams, for that matter) as long as it's used sparingly, like they do for their drop shadowed wordmarks...

QPR%20Sig.png

By "all the black", I hope they're just talking about the black alternate jerseys and the black undershirts they wear with the away jerseys. Black does work for the Royals (and for most other teams, for that matter) as long as it's used sparingly, like they do for their drop shadowed wordmarks...

Agreed, like the subtle black in their blue alternates. Those black hat/sleeve combos they wear on the road are ass though.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

This is interesting news...I would love for them to incorporate more of the Gold (in the logo) to the unis, but we've already got a bunch of Blue 'n Gold teams...

Do you mean blue/gold teams in general, or just in MLB?

The Mariners ditched that scheme, the Brewers went to a navy and old gold scheme which would differ from a Royals blue/gold or even blue/old gold scheme.

Today, teams like the Braves, Nationals and Cardinals use both blue and gold, but they use a whole lot of red. Wouldn't the Royals be the only team in MLB to wear blue/gold?

If it were the NBA, I'd say eh, but I would love for them to go back to blue and add some gold.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The Royals have had quite a few powder blue promotions over the last couple of years and they have been very popular. My quess would be that they add a powder blue alternate to go along with the white vest with royal blue undershirt, a gray vest with royal blue undershirt, a royal blue alternate and the and change the accents on the batting practice jersey from black to powder blue.

I disagree that black works for the Royals. Even sparingly. They oughta emphasize the gold, not have black. You could add black to that blue and gold, but that's too much.

As for it working for other teams sparingly. I agree on that. It's unnecessary in many cases, but it works in others. For instance, the Mets could look really good. Instead they go nuts with black, but if they'd just drop the black jerseys and do a couple things...they'd look great.

Amen.... Sounds like my recent concept..... :D All kidding aside, I think they should stay close to this:

KansasCity.gif

Wow- that is a great concept

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived