Manny wants out of Boston...

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish instead of the prospects and that pitcher, that the Sox would get Cliff Floyd. Then trade a different prospect to Pittsburgh for Mark Redman.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Talks are ongoing, but it's pretty bleak. Mets' officials are ready to dial Texas as soon as the deal falls through, if it does.

Dial Texas please I want Soriano first Manny is great but I rather have Soriano.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Talks have died again, and this time, could be for good - this won't go away until tomorrow's deadline.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Meanwhile, the Toronto Blue Jays have talked to the Red Sox as well and made an "inquisitive call" about Manny Ramirez, sources said.

Alright! :D

I like the sounds of that!

I dont like the odds of it happening however :P

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

i think the deal is done because Manny is an everyday guy and why would he not play on a saturday and its the 2nd game of the series, usually guys get the day off when its the 3rd game of a series and there team has won the first 2 games, so i say Manny is a Met.

GCEeffm.png

Hey i'm a big sox fan, don't get me wrong. But why has most of Fenway booed ramirez the past games. Sure he said he wants out. But look what he's done for this ball club in the past couple of years. He's probably the main reason why Boston has had a chace to compete. Bosox diehards would've given their left nut for the guy last october. Now they would rather throw him in the disposal and flick the switch. What about pedro and d-lowe. They left without a second of hesitation. It's a game. The players will always be more attracted to the lucrative contracts and big flowing markets. But manny has still done a ton for beantown mass. He's put their name on the globe, and a fire of intensity back into baseball alone. Sure he had some help. but manny has probably been the purest hitter over the last two seasons. But I still believe in staying where the fans love you. If I were him, I would stay in boston as long as my heart still functions and I have a breathe of air. The only guy that is truly committed to the sox is damon. But you still gotta love the guys. How bout the infamous pudge fisk. He helped boston have a chance. Then packed his bags good bye for the other sox. Even though the owners conspiracies back in those days. So i'm just saying give peace a chance. Naw, give manny a chance, he's already done more for his team's city then most players could do in 20 years.

I am what I eat.

Mets always miss the bus they go after good players sign them pretend they are great and they become bust liek Carlos Beltran who I am now convinced will never be good in a Mets unifrom, and whiff at getting great players like Vladimir Guerrero when the same doctor who cleared the Mets signing of Moo Vaughn said Vladi would be too big of risk, and they even moss out on Soriano too which is even worse then missing Manny as far as I concerned.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Terry Francona is supposed to hold a press conference after the game. I'm thinking he's not playing because he got traded and perhaps Millar who;s playing the outfield got traded. He would need to stay, because there would be no backup 1st baseman if Millar was gone and no backup outfielders.

Hey i'm a big sox fan, don't get me wrong. But why has most of Fenway booed ramirez the past games. Sure he said he wants out. But look what he's done for this ball club in the past couple of years. He's probably the main reason why Boston has had a chace to compete. Bosox diehards would've given their left nut for the guy last october. Now they would rather throw him in the disposal and flick the switch. What about pedro and d-lowe. They left without a second of hesitation. It's a game. The players will always be more attracted to the lucrative contracts and big flowing markets. But manny has still done a ton for beantown mass. He's put their name on the globe, and a fire of intensity back into baseball alone. Sure he had some help. but manny has probably been the purest hitter over the last two seasons. But I still believe in staying where the fans love you. If I were him, I would stay in boston as long as my heart still functions and I have a breathe of air. The only guy that is truly committed to the sox is damon. But you still gotta love the guys. How bout the infamous pudge fisk. He helped boston have a chance. Then packed his bags good bye for the other sox. Even though the owners conspiracies back in those days. So i'm just saying give peace a chance. Naw, give manny a chance, he's already done more for his team's city then most players could do in 20 years.

They booed him because he denied a request by Manager Terry Francona to play in Wednesday's game, the night after Clement and Nixon were injured. The team was short on outfielders, but Manny claimed he needed the time off, and would not play, even though the time had an off the next day on Thursday.

The logistics of that don't match up, even for Manny, and IMHO, I think he was trying to give Boston another reason to trade him.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Manny Update!!!

The Mets and Red Sox have started talking exclusively, with Tampa Bay no longer being involved in the deal. The current deal is that the BoSox would send $14 million in cash and Manny Ramirez to the Mets for Mike Cameron and Lastings Milledge(who'd likely be dealt for Adam Dunn). But, the Red Sox have told the Mets they need a third player from New York to be involved for them to even consider it.

This leaves the Mets open to possibly still deal for Tampa Bay's Danys Baez, as the two teams have continued talking about one-on-one swap with Baez and Petit.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Nothing on Millar as of yet, but they're allegedly STILL keeping up some form of conversation with the Twins about swapping Bill Mueller for J.C. Romero.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

I wish instead of the prospects and that pitcher, that the Sox would get Cliff Floyd. Then trade a different prospect to Pittsburgh for Mark Redman.

they've already had him once, as I'm sure you're aware. Always thought that was a terrible move, despite the ring

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived