Matt Clement hit in head

Swiss

But, I always wonder why the head? Why don't we see a line drive to the pitcher's manhood, eh?

I watched alots of line drives to the pitcher's manhood in TV and amateurs' games.

But always the pitcher already had protections there.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I watched alots of line drives to the pitcher's manhood in TV and amateurs' games.

But always the pitcher already had protections there.

But that's no fun. He should at least fake it. Come on, at least try to fake getting hit below the belt, man.

Seriously, that should never happen.

But, I always wonder why the head? Why don't we see a line drive to the pitcher's manhood, eh?

More often than not, the natural pitching motion would leave the gloved hand at or around waist level, so a batted ball to the cookies would be most likely caught or deflected.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"I've never understoof why pitchers don't wear any padding out there on the mound. I mean, they are the closest person to the batter in front, and hte whole job of the batter is to hit the ball as hard as they can."

Oddly enough, the Sox 1st Baseman John Olerud wears a special batters helmet when he's playing in the field. I know he got drilled in the head earlier in his career with Toronto, but he wears it for another medical reason well before that happened. In his senior year at Washington State, he recovered from a bad brain aneurysm. The scare would always be with him though, and he began wearing a batting helmet on the field for safety. You'll note that it doesn't look quite right compared to other batting caps. Ricky Henderseon supossedly at one time poked fun at him for wearing it but I think his bat and fielding skills speak for themselves.

It makes one wonder if they couldn't customize a batting helemet for pitchers that did not interfere with their delivery.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

CBS Sportsline reports CT scan negative on Clement. Good news.

:D:D:D

That's very good news!!! Another good news are that the Sox are winning the amazing game 10-8 in middle 10th! It seems that the guys wanted to win it for Clement.

Friggin' Sox... how come they always win when we win, and only lose when we lose? We'll never gain any ground at this pace!

:cry:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

CBS Sportsline reports CT scan negative on Clement. Good news.

:D:D:D

That's very good news!!! Another good news are that the Sox are winning the amazing game 10-8 in middle 10th! It seems that the guys wanted to win it for Clement.

Friggin' Sox... how come they always win when we win, and only lose when we lose? We'll never gain any ground at this pace!

:cry:

It would also be nice if people would post right score as well (10-9 Red Sox)

Getting hit on the head with a baseball is not fun. I got hit on the face in little league from a ground ball that had an unusual hop about five feet from me. <_<

I saw, I came, I left.

Oddly enough, the Sox 1st Baseman John Olerud wears a special batters helmet when he's playing in the field.

If Olerud is elected to the Hall of Fame someday... will his plaque show him with... a batter helmet? ;) Ha!

I'm kidding... :)

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Update on Clement, if this hasn't already been posted:

Both CT scans done came up negative, and Clement was released from a local Tampa area hospital this afternoon following the Red Sox-Devil Rays game. Clement suffered no visible head damage, not even a concussion. Clement accompanied the team back to Boston this evening, but there's no word on when he would return to the rotation.

Amazing, amazing news.

Archived