Randy Winn is a Giant

KennyRock

The San Francisco Giants have acquired Mariners OF Randy Winn for catcher Yorvit Torrealba and Minor leaguer Jesse Fopert.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

You're right...but you still need to post a source when you do this :D

Cuz I hear it's Jesse Foppert and not Ellison.

Like this....

leader Katie Smith to the Shock

Detroit Deals for league's career 3-point leader

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Winn isn't a Yankee, so that makes me happy. ^_^

I think this deal makes the Giants the favorite in the NL West (for whatever that's worth). Winn brings a lot to the table that the Giants can use offensively (speed primarily). He's also decent with the glove.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

*nod nod* I heard the name wrong when it broke on Sportscenter

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

as the resident giants fan here (at least the one who DOESNT also root for the A's <_< ), its my duty to chime in.

first off, I was relieved that it was foppert and not ellison that was part the deal. ellison is still a raw talent. he has potential to be a solid leadoff hitter and plays the outfield well. not to mention that hes got a good arm. I like the energetic style he plays, and the playing time he has been getting this year is finally starting to pay off.

foppert underwent tommy john over a year ago. he was out all last season and made a few emergency starts this year with mixed results. he was at one possibly the top pitching prospect in the giants organization, but with all the injuries that hit him, and with guys like noah lowry and brad hennessey sticking around with the big club and making solid contributions, foppert like jerome williams earlier this year became expendable.

but, im gonna miss yorvit. Ive always been a fan of his. when santiago left prior to last season i was hoping yorvit would be the number one catcher, only to see them sign that a-hole aj pierzynski. then when aj left, everyone was finally thinking that yorvit would get his chance. but then the giants sign mike matheny, whom to his credit has met all expectations defensively and exceeded all expectations offensively. in a way Im happy for yorvit that hes gonna get a chance to play more often. i really dont blame him for wanting to move on.

now randy winn, i noticed that the team has a option on him for next season. whether or not this is a move for the short term in an attempt to win this crapass division, or if its for the long term as we say so long to older guys like marquis grissom and michael tucker. then again, winn is 31, so hes not young at all. I just hope he helps us right this thing so that the giants finally become the one nl west team that goes on a late season tear and all the sudden wins the division.

although they may still finish under 500 in doing so :rolleyes:

Acquiring Torrealba means the M's can get rid of Olivo, which they did, to the Padres. *sigh* Wtg, SD, getting a catcher who can barely bat above the Mendoza line.

I've been a Giants fan for 9 years now (it's my girlfriend's fault she's from SF). I was at last Saturday's game when Alex "Roid Boy" Sanxhez proved why Detroit and Tampa Bay gave up on him. Getting Winn can only help them defensively. What they really need to do is think about the future and get younger position players. This offseason will be interesting.

I don't root for the A's; I do root for the Yankees though.

Well... Besides being a relentless Red Sox fan, I'm also a SF Giants fan. Mmmhhh... let's see how Winn will impact in the hybrid game of the Jints.

The Jints are too Bonds-dependent. It's time to rebuild the team assuming that Bonds will not back (if yes, all he wants is reaching 756 HRs at his age...).

BTW... what a shame the NL West! The leader, SD Padres, has a losing record.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived